Imaging 12

Winter
Friday 8:30 pm

You cooked dinner as your husband (Rick) was getting cleaned up after his long shift at work. You were cooking dinner kinda late since he got off later today. As the steak was almost done you hear a knock on the door. You took the steak off the stove and eyed the door.

Rick: "Who is it?" Your husband shouted from up stairs.
Y/n: "I don't know honey, but I'll check." You approached the door.
"Who in the world could it be at this time of night?" You asked your self before opening the door.
Behind it appeared a tall caramel man with a Afro that needed a little bit of care. He had on a dirty, old coat with rugged jeans. He also had on old wore down shoes. His socks were showing through his socks which you could tell were soaked from the snow. His face looked familiar but you couldn't put you finger on it.

Y/n: "Yes?" You asked the tall man who shivered in the cold.
Stranger: " Um... Hi, do you happen to know where the nearest homeless shelter is?" He asked kindly.
Y/n: " Um...actually, no I don't." You answered back kinda feeling bad because he had no where to go in this frigid weather.
Stranger: "Okay...thanks." He said politely before beginning to walk back into the cold atmosphere.
Y/n: "Um...I can check for you though." You called out to him only to cringe at your kindness that got the best of you sometimes, this being that time. You didn't even know the stranger or what he was capable of, just that he looked somewhat familiar.

He turned back around and looked at you with a little bit of hope but it quickly faded.
Stranger: "No, it's fine I don't wanna be a burden."
Y/n: "No, it's okay your not a burden I offered to help." You smile a little; letting your kindness take over again.

He hesitated for a moment before shaking his head okay and walking towards you. You step aside letting him in before closing the door.

Y/n: "Honey, we have a visitor!" You shout up the stairs walking towards the living room with the man following behind.

Y/n: "You can sit down while I'll get my laptop and look it up for you." You insisted.

He sat down slowly and began to look at the flat screen tv that was displayed on the wall. You walk up the stairs and go into your bedroom, seeing your husband walk towards you. He kisses your lips and wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you in.

Rick: "Who's downstairs babe?" He questions you.
Y/n: "Just someone who needs some help."
Rick: "Umm....what's that supposed to mean?"
Y/n: "what I said, you can see if you want, go meet them."
Rick: " Mmmm okay babe."

He walks passed you downstairs, you get your laptop and follow after him.

Rick: "Wtf!" He yelled in shock as he saw a unfortunate person sitting on his couch who didn't do or want any harm just some help since his luck had ran short.
Y/n: "What!" You said looking for what caused his out burst.
Rick: "Who tf is that." He says looking you dead in your eyes.
Y/n: "A person who's in need." You scrunch your nose up at him at his ignorance.
Rick: "Well it's not our job to help the needy."
He spat and walked passed you into the deeper parts of the house.

You sighed walking towards the stranger, you sit down next to him and he scooted away making sure to keep some distance. You open your laptop and search for the nearest homeless shelter.

Y/n: "Ummm."
Stranger: "My name is Larry btw I should've said that earlier."

That name rung a bell in your head and then it finally hit you.