⋆ 15 ⋆ I Never Lose A Bet

October 9th, 2016

Diana Hughes.

I looked up from my menu and across the table, to find Shawn's eyes buried into what dish he was having and Ethan looking at me, a smile on his lips

I looked up from my menu and across the table, to find Shawn's eyes buried into what dish he was having and Ethan looking at me, a smile on his lips. Grayson sat next to Ethan and next to me was Kayla, her hoop earrings buried into her hair like a rabbit burrowing a hole.

The restaurant we sat in had ceilings to low and the tables weren't parallel from each other. It was an amateur business but I had heard their food was delicious.

The waiter soon enough appeared at our table and left swiftly with our orders, leaving me in the middle of Shawn, Grayson and Ethan's conversation.

"I am telling you, man, I caught him and Lola Adams last week!" Shawn spoke about a rumoured affair in their school about the math teacher and a student. Not attending their school, I didn't understand the conversation entirely.

"No way! I don't believe you." Ethan folded his arms and leant back in his seat, not buying Shawn's claims.

"I will bet you twenty bucks." Shawn tossed his hand out for Ethan to shake on it as he smiled devilishly.

"You're really betting on this?" I asked, laughing at their stupidity as i shook my head. Both of them nodded, shaking their hands. Shawn turned to face me, both hands on the table before saying:

"And I never lose a bet." Shawn spoke firmly and harshly, a deviant twinkle in his eyes and a terrifying smirk on his lips. I -naively unaware of his plans- gave him a puzzled look and smiled at him.

So beautiful he looked, the artificial lights of the restaurant terrifically complimenting his soft hair and his soft eyes. So beautiful he seemed.

"Hey, you ready to order?" Ethan asked me, the waitress appearing at the side of our table with a notepad, a pencil behind her ear.

I was about to tell Ethan the dish I desired when my phone began to ring vigorously and loudly, embarrassing me in the silent restaurant. I felt the red begin to prick my cheeks as i smiled nervously, opening my phone to find Toby ringing. Shawn looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, Grayson looked at me questionably and Kayla took her eyes from her phone.

"I'm gonna take this, you guys order and I'll get something when I come back." Before I could get a response I had already left the building, outside in the cool evening.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Dee!" His voice sounded irritated.

"Hey, what's up? I'm out with Shawn and E and Gray and Kayla, were back from the game."

"Oh, okay. I was just calling to let you know I can't make it to this road trip." He sighed and I heard rustling around on the end of the line.