⋆ 12 ⋆ Vase

SURPRISE ITS A DOUBLE UPDATE!.

diana hughes
october 8th

Hours had passed by when we finally arrived at the party

Hours had passed by when we finally arrived at the party. The red digital numbers told me it was half eleven and so did William who shouted the time from the back seat.

"Ready?" Shawn asked me and I nodded as he took my hand in his and pulled me outside the car, his arm slipped on my shoulder as he brought me inside the house. There was coloured lightning blaring through the windows thumping bass beats rattled the chandeliers that hung so beautifully above us in the expensive home. People held red solo cups and drank their poison and people's bodies were sloppily falling against each other's. It seemed everybody around us' vision was blurred and hazy.

Shawn pulled me into the kitchen where there was less people, the kitchen lights were very bright comparing to the low lighting of the rest of the house. I sat myself onto the kitchen counter and Shawn retreated to the fridge where he got a beer for him and I and William and Peter. He tossed them their beer and placed one on the counter next to me and one in his hand. He placed the bottle cap in between his teeth and bit it off, spitting the cap on the floor and passing me the beer before doing so with the one on the counter and drinking it.

"Bottle opener?" I asked him, astounded by the fact that he wouldn't just use one.

"No, my names Shawn." He retorted sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Asshole." I mumbled and he smiled before he hugged my waist for no reason.

"Hey, Shawn!" A short but muscly boy waddled over to shawn. His brown hair was slicked back underneath his cap which was placed backwards on his head. The did a weird handshake/hug thing and shawn patted his back.

"Blake this is Diana, Diana- Blake." I held my hand out for him to shake it but he engulfed me in his arms and hugged me instead. I felt like prey being constricted by a snake as my hands were awkwardly by side as i looked at shawn for help. Shawn just snickered at me and sipped his beer.

"They're playing some stupid spin the bottle games or something over there if you wanna check it out?" Shawn points to another room that people are piling inside as he takes my hand and saves me from the boa constrictor.

He pulls me into the other room and we all sit down quietly.

After about ten rounds of jenga, and me knocking it over (resulting in a shot) every time, I was absolutely drunk out of my mind.

Everything just seemed sloppy and messy and I couldn't express my words properly. I was sat on Shawn's lap, who's hands were dangerously low on my waist, and he spoke to people in the room.

"You want a hit?" Somebody asked Shawn and I started to get worried, I didn't want Shawn to get into a fight!

"Yeah sure, buddy." A blunt was passed towards shawn and he removed one hand from me, wrapping the other one entirely around my   waist. He took the rolled up piece of paper and stuck it in between his before puffing out smoke like a dragon.

"That stinks." I slurred fanning my hand over my nose quickly as Shawn laughed at me.

"Shut up, jenga queen!" Someone yelled from across the room and i pouted and gave whoever it was my middle finger.

"You want some?" Shawn asked me, holding out the blunt.

"Nope, i'm a goat kid." I squeezed my eyes shut as shawn looked confused at me. "I mean a good kid."

"Okay, goat kid. You wanna go home now?" Shawn asked, raising his eyebrows in questions.

  "You can't drive you've been smoking and drinking." I told him, pointing at him.

"I've only had one hit and one beer, I stayed sober while you got trashed." He pointed his finger at me and I snorted as i laughed.

Just as i'm about to leave my stomach bubbles before I know it, I'm outside throwing up everything I had in me onto the grass. Shawn runs out after me and leans over, pulling my hair out of my face.

"Shit, you ok, Goat kid?" I wipe the vomit from my mouth with the back of my hand and Shawn grimaces.

"You know, it's kind of ironic because goat babies are actually called ki-" And before I could continue my mind blowing fact as we walked to his car, I was throwing up onto the grass again. Shawn rubbed circles onto back with the palm of his hand as he held my hair again.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry." I apologised as I stayed hunched over, making sure I wasn't going to vomit again.

"You finished?" He asked me and I nodded getting into his car.

When I arrived home at one thirty in the morning, drunk off my tits with vomit on my chin and my hair a mess, to find my parents waiting for me in the kitchen, my father in his business attire and my mother dressed lovely, I felt so guilty.

"Where've you been Diana?" My mother sounded so annoyed and I closed my eyes.

I opened my mouth to come up with a drunken excuse but all that came out was bile and vomit, into the nearest thing I could find-

my mother's five thousand dollar vase.