Katniss' home

I silently sat in a chair near the window. A tear was flowing down my cheek and I felt my body shivering. I tried to focus on my breathing. I jumped up when I suddenly heard Katniss enter the room.
"I made you a cup of tea. Here, you'll feel better."
I whispered a "thank you" and I forced a smile. I tasted the tea and decided that I liked the warmth. Katniss looked worried.
"My mom said that your wound will heal very quickly. We should keep it as clean as possible, so that it doesn't get infected."
I nodded.
"Katniss, please thank your mother on my behalf. I'm so thankful... you really didn't have to do any of this for me."
"It's nothing, Emily. Believe me. Here in 12, we take care of each other. Everyone is each other's family."
"That sounds really nice, actually." I answered.
"It must be weird for you if I tell you that I don't know anything about district 12. I don't know anything about why I'm here. I have no idea if you know more about it but, can you answer some of my questions..?"
Katniss smiled politely and let out a long sigh.
"I can give you some answers Emily, but not many." She looked me straight in the eye. "There have been some rumors lately. The thing with rumors is... we don't know if they're true or not. Anyway, there are some people who say that president Snow brought people from Earth to Panem. Why? That's the question. I have heard some of the names of these people, all girls. One of those names was 'Emily' and she'd come to live here, in 12."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I shook my head and stuttered: "but... why me? Why in district 12? What is even going on?"
"I'm afraid I can't give you more answers, Emily. I'm so sorry... What I do know is that you probably should..."
Katniss couldn't finish her sentence. She was interrupted by the sound of an old tv.
"What is this? A mandatory viewing from the Capitol? Now? I'm curious!" Katniss said as she walked to the other side of the room where the tv stood. I silently followed her while I crossed my arms. I looked at the tv screen that lit up. What also lit up, were my eyes when I saw a man with blue hair and a bright smile on the screen. What's up with those bright hair colors here?
"Good evening to everyone in Panem. Welcome to a very exclusive interview..." the man said. Katniss said: "that's Caesar, you'll see him more often on tv. He's one of the only people we see on tv actually."
I looked at the man once more. What a weird creature he was. He went on.
"Tonight we will talk to one of the most powerful people of our beautiful nation. A strong, ambitious and icy man. I present to you, the one and only Seneca Crane!" The crowd gave a very loud cheer. Everyone seemed to love this man. There even were some people in the front row who cried of happiness a bit. Who was Seneca Crane? Let's just hope he doesn't have pink or blue hair.
"Who else..." Katniss sighed. Her mom came into the room as well with her other daughter, Prim. They didn't say anything, they just watched.
My eyes were fixated on the screen. My jaw dropped the moment I saw a pair of steel blue eyes. There, in a black velvet chair, sat a man with black hair, a very odd, yet attractive beard and those heavenly blue eyes.
"I'm very glad to be here tonight, Caesar." He said