Betrayal

Chapter 15 – Betrayal

Jake’s POV

I got out the car and walked up the driveway. The same driveway I had once played on as a kid; rode my bike up and down it, had water fights. Too many memories I pushed them aside and rang the doorbell. “Ahhh look who it is my little brother”, Troy grinned as I walked into the hallway hesitantly.

He closed the door and engulfed me into a suffocating hug “I haven’t seen you in ages look how much you’ve grown” my hands stayed at my sides until he released. “Haha look at you, you finally hit puberty” he chuckled  pointing at my barley-there stubble.

“Yeah, enough of your crap what did you need??” I said sternly trying to keep the conversations short. He cleared his throat and I almost saw a glimmer of pain and hurt in his eyes but it went as soon as it came. “Right ,well she's upstairs” he said as he walked up the stairs and me following .we entered a large room that I didn’t seem to recognise, it didn’t look very well-kept there was dust and cobwebs everywhere.

He led me over to a black leather couch and on it was, what I assumed as a young girl but I couldn’t see her face, it was turned away facing the inside of the couch  and judging by her lack of movement she was either dead or out cold. “God, what have you done now??” I asked Troy as he looked at the girl with pity and hint of sadness; emotions that aren’t normally used to describe my brother.

He looked startled at my comment but looked at the floor quickly and mumbled “Nothing, I did nothing this time… just check if she's okay, please” he shuffled across the room and sat on a barstool in the corner.

I walked over to the girl, there was a slight wound on her head from where she must have hit it the blood worried me though she could have lost too much already and felt her pulse it was faint but still there, tingles spread across my arm instantly. ‘Who is this girl’ I thought, I pulled on her shoulder so I could see her face.

Recognition filled me instantaneously as I stared down at her “You bastard” I said growling I got up and strode over to where he was sitting and pinned him against the wall “That’s the girl you kidnapped you are an absolute idiot !! she's my fucking girlfriend” I screamed at him “ you are and fucking idiot I hope you die and go to hell, I feel ashamed to call you my brother”.

He stopped struggling immediately  and looked at me with remorse and then he did the one thing that I never thought he would do; my brother the macho tough guy who just got out of jail, whose name brought fear to people’s hearts ….cried …he cried “ Im so fucking sorry Jake, I messed up so bad.