Prologue

As I look back on the years I've spent with this man, I realized that without him, I'm not sure where I'd be.

My life was damn near in shambles when we first laid eyes on each other. My world was crashing and I honestly didn't have a will to live anymore. Yet, this man danced his way into my heart and never left it.

Once we became exclusive, things changed. I mean we had some really amazing 'highs' but when things got bad, they got REAL bad. I'll tell you more about that later on though.

He was a beautiful man. Gracious and humble to a fault. Filled with love, generosity and the excessive need to please those around him. His kind heart would soon get him into trouble and nearly destroy our relationship.

Although his temper was out of this world, he was still the kindest and sweetest person I've ever come in contact with. He would show me the ropes and teach me how to play the game. He would be the one to show me that in this life, you need to be fearless, otherwise, people will use you, take your kindness for granted and even try to kill you for their own benefits.

He will show me what it means to love and be loved.

He'll even show me that sometimes.. you have to get a little grimy in order to make it in these streets.