The Name's MJ

I woke up to the sound of music blasting in the kitchen and the smell of bacon, eggs and coffee. I grabbed some clean clothes and went to take a shower. Maybe I'll feel a little less queasy if i freshen up and get out of this dress.

I took a nice warm shower, threw my robe on, put on some makeup, put my hair in a messy bun and made my way to the kitchen. Marissa was dancing around, scrambling some eggs while singing along, off key, to the radio.

"Good morning, good morning to youuu!!" I sang out, interrupting her flow.

"GOOD MORNING, BIIITCH!!" She yelled back.

I had to step back for a minute and sit down. I was still feeling hungover and the smell of those eggs were making my stomach do flips.

"You good?" Marina asked, "Still feeling woozy, huh?" She laughed. I threw the cup towel at her, hitting her in the head. "Hey!!!" She laughed, "I'm not the one who drunk up the whole bar last night. But I'm glad you had a good time."

"Thank you for dragging me out.. I really did need it." I admitted.

I felt bad for snapping on her last night before we left. I've been so busy worrying and stressing that I forgot what it's like to have fun. Especially with my bestfriend, my sister.

"Of course." She said offering me a plate. "I'm sorry if i haven't helped you out as much as I should've. All this is my fault.." she admitted, looking down.

"Hey, don't apologize." I said, "Like you said last night, 'We're gonna be alright.'" We ate our breakfast and sang along to the radio while we cleaned up the kitchen and got dressed. Today's the day we go find ourselves a new home!!

Marissa and I decided to go for a walk instead of driving. The weather was actually really nice, it wasn't too hot and people were out and about enjoying their Saturday.

We walked a couple blocks until we came to a cute little boutique named Daisy's. Inside there were different outfits ranging from club life to church woman. The variety was vast and they had some really cute outfits. One in particular struck my eye. I walked over to the center clothing rack and pulled out a short yellow dress. The sleeves were see through and the fabric was soft almost like satin. The neckline and cuffs were outlined with white lace. I walked over to the nearest body mirror and held the dress up to my body. It gave me a vibrant look and I LOVED it.

"You should get, it's beautiful.." Marissa said walking up to me. We both looked at the price tag and I quickly put it back. "Not right now, I can't afford this." I said. We continued to look through the store at shoes, jewelry and more dresses before deciding to leave. We walked to the counter and Marissa purchased two charm bracelets. They were sliver with "Best" engraved on one heart and "Friend" engraved on the other. The tender handed back her change and before we turned around someone reached over us and placed the yellow dress I was eyeing, up on the counter.

"That'll be seventy five dollars and 63 cents, sir." The cashier said reaching for the money. Marissa and I turned around and was greeted by a familiar face. He smiled at us and handed a $100 to the lady and told her to keep the change. She thanked him and he took the bag that had the dress in it.

"Let's go." Marissa said pulling me out the store. She was clearly upset about what he did and I didn't understand why. She couldn't be too mad, maybe his girlfriend saw the same dress and wanted it. I don't know.

"Wait!!"

We kept walking down the street when he finally caught up to us and blocked our way.

"MJ.." I said.

"I just wanted to give this to you." He said handing me the bag containing the dress.

"We don't want it." Marissa said grabbing it and shoving it back at him. "We're not some charity case and if you think you're gonna get some ass for buying this then you're sadly mistaken, sir!"