The Proposal

The next two days went by pretty quick. Michael and I stayed shut up in the room for the most part minus the times I checked on Raé and made sure she was recovering okay. The swelling in her face had gone down drastically but she was still badly bruised. She was able to talk more clearer now and she gained enough strength to accompany me downstairs this morning for breakfast.

"What are you fixing?" She asked, peering over at the stove from the bartop.

"Bacon, eggs, sausage and pancakes," I replied, looking back at her. "You hungry?"

"I have a small appetite." She answered.

I pulled three plates out the cabinet and set them on the counter next to me. When the food was done, I put some eggs, a couple of sausage and bacon with a little bit of fruit on Raé' plate before handing it to her. I split the pancakes between Michael and I' plates and split the remainder of the sausage and bacon, I put the rest of the eggs on his plate.

"Do you want a pancake?" I asked Raé.

"No, this is enough," She answered with a full mouth. "Everything's delicious, thank you."

"Well I'll take your pancakes!!" Michael chimed in as he walked through the kitchen and pecked me on the lips. I handed him his plate and he grabbed a seat next to me and began eating.

"Mmmm, this is good!" He exclaimed. Kissing me again on the cheek with a full mouth.

"Eeewww Michaellll!!!!" I squeled. "At least swallow your food first!!"

Both him and Raé busted out laughing as I wiped my cheek clean of his food particles.

"So as you ladies know," He explained. "My parents are coming today. They'll be here a little later, like around 6, and I would love it if BOTH of you were present." He spoke moreso to Raé than me.

"N-not like this Michael." She looked down, fiddling with her fingers.

"If you want I can give you a makeover but you really don't look that bad." I reassured her.

"She's right," Michael agreed. "Plus, I feel like we have our own little family here. You're like a sister to the both of us and you've been there through it all. I would be grateful if you came but I understand if you didn't feel comfortable just yet."

"Well when you put it that way, I guess I could meet them." She shrugged all nonchalant.

"Good!!" I smiled clapping my hands together. "We have a lot to do!"

"Like what?" Michael asked, seeming slightly confused.

"We have to cook for like twenty people because your brothers likes to eat!!!" I explained. "I have to get started right now."

I hopped out my seat and grabbed both my plate and Raé' and washed them out, putting them in the dishwasher to dry. I was about to walk past Michael to check and see what more I needed in order to prepare a proper meal but he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back to him.

"Michaelll," I whined. "I don't have time for this, I have to get started."

"I'm gonna get cleaned up," Raé smirked at us. Now it was just me and Michael. He picked me up and sat me down on the counter.

"I hired a chef and a whole staff to help prepare and serve tonight's meal. So all you have to do is relax and prepare yourself." He whispered in my ear and then kissed my neck. "Or you could let me finish what I started before you dashed out on me this morning."

My eyes rolled to the back of my head as he caressed my thighs and slid his hands up to my waist, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my legs around him and we locked lips as I started unbuttoning his shirt.