one; begin

She woke up, looking around her surroundings. Medical units lay beside her, the hospital aroma was clearly evident, and she was laying in those crinkly, white bedsheets. She sighed when she noticed her uncle laying in the chair, peacefully sleeping. Her parents died when she was young, so she's been living with him until she would graduate high school. Senior year was a couple months left to go, she had the perfect future planned, but I guess now that's impossible now.

[ flashback; couple weeks ago]

"Ah, February 14th, the most dreaded day for singles, but also the most cringeworthy," her friend told her and her other friends. The group consisted of introverts, not the shy kind, and not the nerdy/geeky kind either. I wouldn't say emo, or hipster, but they were probably just normal introverts who would talk amongst themselves and only interact with other beings if they were forced to. But that's not the point. The girl we're talking about is not the most 'popular' girl or the most 'unpopular' girl. She had passing grades, a stable group of friends, and a bright future. Oh how that all changed when the school's player, encountered her.

"I'm telling you, it's a joke. He's a player. I guarantee he has no feelings for you whatsoever."

Oh, how she wishes she can turn back time to believe those words. You see, pretty boy asked her out, but the question is, why?

He's an extrovert. A party animal. Known by all. Extremely popular in the student population.

She's a introvert. Kpop trash. Known by teachers, family, and few friends. Who's she?

She accepted his confession of feelings and agreed to go out with him. When she told her friends, they highly disapproved it. She thought maybe they'd change their minds, and probably accept their relationship. As she hung out more with this pretty boy, she began to be distant from her friends, even skip dinner with uncle to go hang out with him, for crying out loud. Can't you see that pretty boy's changing her? Everyone else saw, except for her. She became more talkative, outgoing, flirtatious I might even add. Stayed up late talking to pretty boy too. But if pretty boy's making such a huge impact on her, why do I keep calling him 'pretty boy,' and not by his actual name? Well, let's just say, pretty boy is only going to be mentioned a couple of times, before she realizes that she's poisoning herself by him.

[Last night]

"Please Uncle, it'll only be an hour or two, it's only a little drive with friends! We're driving to the lake to see the stars, then I'll be home before you know it," she pleaded to her uncle. It was true, she was going for a car ride to the lake with friends, but just not the kind I was talking about before, these were pretty boy's friends. The extroverts. The party animals. The slackers of the school. Her personal friends weren't erased from existence, they just were close anymore, they'd share small talk, but other than that, it was almost to nothing. Her uncle allowed her to go, but that was the worst mistake of his life.

She took her small bag, with her wallet and small notebook inside and joined pretty boy and his friends for that fateful ride.

Red and blue lights flashed across the night. There was smoke and a bunch of paramedics bustling through to do their duties.

I hate to say this, and I don't want to make it seem rushed but on that night, she sat on the bed, waiting for her uncle, and hopefully her friends to arrive. She took out her notebook and wrote after the ride. 

I wish I had listened to my friends weeks ago. I should've stayed home with Uncle. But no, guess I was too "blinded by love" to know what would happen. Because on this night, that stupid car ride with him and his friends, put me in here.