fifteen; just one day

"Because I'd do anything for you to be by my side for only a day, an hour, a minute, as long as you're there."

Today was the day he was going to confess his feelings to her. He seemed calm and composed on the inside, but on the inside he was freaking out and felt as if his insides were on fire. Wouldn't you be too?

He walked shakily towards her hospital door. He took a deep breath and knocked on her door. "Come in," he heard on the other side. Her angelic voice, her porcelain skin, her beautiful hair, made him go crazy. When she smiles, a hidden dimple would form and he would fall in love with her all over again.

He entered the room and gave her a smile, in which she returned. He sat on the chair he would always sit at beside her bed. They talked about how their day went and how they were both doing. He then helped her into the wheelchair and wheeled her outside. They went to the gardens and watched the little children running around. When he was pushing her wheelchair, a little girl in pigtails that looked a bit younger than them ran by. He stopped the wheelchair so abruptly that she almost fell off.

The girl spun around and gasped, "I'm so sorry!" She felt guilty and began to tear up. He went over and comforted her saying it was just an accident. He then invited the girl to join them for lunch.

They learned that her name was Cam. Cam seemed to be outgoing, sporty, and had a positive aura about her. The reason she was here was because she was taking care of her grandpa who had heart surgery not long ago. They talked for a while before Cam brought up a odd question out of the blue, "You guys look so cute together! Are you two together?"

They both flushed red, the girl in the wheelchair tried to say they weren't but all she could do was stutter. She didn't want to disappoint Cam, and she also didn't want to admit the fact that the two were just friends.

He saw the embarrassed look and grabbed her hand, "Yes," was all he simply said. Cam clapped happily and her phone rung. "I have to go, my grandpa just finished his dialysis."

She waved goodbye cutely and ran off. "Why'd you say yes when Cam asked if we were dating?"

She looked deeply into the eyes she loved, and was preparing herself for rejection.

He looked back at her. And took a deep breath;

"I'd be lying if I said no,"