seventeen; best of me

"Because that person, will be me."

She realized that she's been giving happiness to the wrong person, and that the right person she needed was right in front of her. They began dating as soon as she was allowed to permanently leave the hospital. His distant aunt was the only relative that was willing to help pay the medical bill. His aunt couldn't produce children, so she took him as her own. When she found out that he found love and was happy with the girl, she gave him the money.

He pushed her to the park and there that sat watching the view. She was fully content, but then the thoughts of him leaving her flooded in. She became quiet and he soon caught on. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's nothing," she said, looking away.

"It's not nothing if you look like that," he turned her chin, facing towards him.

She took a deep breath. "Why do you like me anyway? I'm just an ordinary girl. An ordinary on wheels. I can't do anything, I can't dance, I can't walk," the girl's negative comments about her came back into her mind, "I'm just dead weight."

He gave her a hug and looked her dead in the eye, "I like you, because you are yourself. You're not ordinary, you're extraordinary. You can do many things. You don't have to dance to make me happy, you don't have to walk either to make me happy. And you're not dead weight. You still make me happy. I'd kill, to push your wheelchair to wherever you want to go. You don't have to be like other girls. you just have to be my girl. Now listen to me, never lower yourself to their standards, don't adjust to them, you're beautiful just the way you are. And I'll make sure of that, so you never walk alone."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 ✓ 🎉