Spring

Normal pov

It has been a while now that Midnight and Shade came from the future to warn them for the huge danger that was coming. The two futuristic hedgehogs are now staying at Tails's place and Shadow moved in together with Sonic and Shadow's old house is now the new home of Fleetway and Scourge. The trees were in their full beauty because Spring was coming and now it was the time, but not only mother nature was active and changing but as for a few hedgehogs as well. At the home of a blue and black hedgehog it was getting pretty tense, because the blue hedgehog was starting to go through 'heat' and made it for the black hedgehog a little difficult. They are now in the 4th week of Spring and the blue hedgehog was slowly getting crazy of the whole situation "Why in Chaos's name am I going through heat??!! The past few years I stayed with Amy I never had to encounter this and now all of a sudden I'm going through this sh*t!!" the blue hedgehog said and was breathing quite heavy while the black hedgehog was staying at a distance "I've no idea why this is happening to you Sonic, but you have to be careful when you go outside. With that scent your body is giving off you can attract some other males who want to mate with you" the black hedgehog said "I know that Shadow and I really am thinking what I could do about it, but it really is quite hard to think about something. Maybe I should go and ask Amy how she is handling this stuff and not to forget what I just made in the living room from the cushions and blankets. It looks like a huge fortress" Sonic said while going into the kitchen to get some water to drink. He was sweating pretty much and had no idea how to get lost of that warm feeling. When he got the water and drink it, it was helping just a little but not enough.

Shadow's pov

I've seen Rouge, Blaze and Amy go through heat, but not as heavy as Sonic is doing right now. He is sweating pretty much and breathing very heavy and is starting to get crazy from the whole situation. He also build something strange with all the cushions and blankets we have in our house in the living room and it looks like a 'den' if you would ask me. Maybe I should ask Tails about this, but if I leave Sonic here all by himself who knows what will happen. I can't take any risks with this happening. "Why don't we go to Tails and ask him what is going on with you and what that 'thing' is in our living room?" I asked and Sonic looked at me with a surprised expression "That is not a bad idea there Shads, but how am I going out there without attracting any other males?" he said and I just simply show him the Chaos Emerald "Ow . . . yeah. I totally forgot about that" he said and chuckled a bit nervously. I just shook my head while I walked up to him and put my hand on his waist and pulled him closer to me and Chaos Controlled to Tails's place. When we got there we heard Midnight and Shade talking to Mephiles and Silver in the living room and so we walked in there to say 'hi' "Hey there you guys. How've you been doing this lovely Spring?" I asked and Mephiles looked at me with a sour face "Well now you ask, we are just talking about that and if there is a way to get rid of it. I'm starting to get crazy from Silver here with his grunts" Mephiles said and looks at Silver who starts to grunt. After a few seconds Sonic started as well and had a little blush on his muzzle "Are you kidding me? Now there are two of them" Mephiles said very irritated now and stood up to go look for Tails. I just look at Sonic and scratch him behind his ear and was surprised I got a very loud purr from him. When Mephiles came back he was followed by Tails who had a notebook with him and a pen "Sorry it took me so long, but I was working on one of my new inventions" Tails said and sat down on a chair with his pen in hand, ready to write. Silver stops his grunting and looked at me for some strange reason "Uh Silver. Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked and Mephiles then stood in front of me to get Silver's attention and looked at him a little . . . . angry?? "Why are you looking angry at Silver?" I asked Mephiles and he turned around to see me scratching Sonic behind his ear and making him purr "It's because he wants attention and when I don't give it to him, he looks at someone else as if asking for them to give him attention" Mephiles said and looked at Sonic who was now happily wagging his tail while purring "So do you know what is going on with them Tails?" I asked him who was now writing on his notebook and looked up a few times at Sonic and Silver while he kept writing "I think I know what's going on, but I have to test it just to be sure" Tails said and stopped writing and stood up.