Chapter 4--The City

"Hi," I smile to the man at the desk, "I need to know where Niall Horan is staying."

He looks up at me with huge eyes, "Excuse me?"

"Oh..." I suddenly realize that was probably not the best question to ask, "Sorry." I step into the lobby and pull out my phone.

Me: Hey, I'm in the lobby. The guy at the desk freaked when I asked about you.

Him: Yeah, sorry about that, they're not supposed to tell anyone we're here ;) I'll meet you down there in 5

I smile after reading his message and sit on one of the benches. Before I put my phone away it starts to buzz with a text from Arden: Where did you go?????

Me: I told you, I just went out. I'll be home later.

"Well, hello," a familiar Irish voice says smoothly. I look up and see Niall smiling down at me.

I stand, "Hello, yourself."

He's wearing dark blue skinny jeans, a white hoodie, and a dark green San Francisco Giants snapback with his name on the side.

"I like the hat," I smile.

"I thought you might," he nods.

"Just because I live here doesn't mean I'm a Giants fan."

"But you are."

I laugh, "Yeah. I am."

"Good," he grins, "Shall we?"

I nod and we walk outside. Once we're out, he puts on a pair of sunglasses.

"What are you doing? The sky is overcast," I raise an eyebrow.

"I know, but I don't want the paparazzi to recognize me and spread rumors about you."

I shrug, "I wouldn't care if they did."

"Really?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, besides you look dumb and I can't afford to be seen with dumb-looking people," I wink.

"Well, then, I'll just have to go back up to my room," he jokes and starts to walk away.

"Oh, no, you won't!" I laugh. I grab his arm, pull him back, and take his sunglasses off, "There. Much better."

He smiles, "Well, now that I don't look dumb, where are we going?"

"Well, I haven't eaten all day and there's a little cafe we can get to in twelve minutes if we take the trolley."

"Sounds great, I'm starving!" he grins.

I giggle, "Of course you are."

"I thought you didn't know anything about us," he raises an eyebrow.

"No, but I've heard my sister saying she loves her friends like 'Niall loves food,'" I smile, "So I figure you really like food."

He laughs, "God, do people really say that?"

I nod, "They say other things, too, but I don't get most of them."

"Good," he smiles, "As much as I love the guys, and myself of course," he winks, "I don't want to hear about them all the time."

"Well, that's the last thing you have to worry about with me," I smile, "Now, c'mon, I'm hungry."

We walk to the trolley station and get to the Four Barrel Cafe in ten minutes. After we've ordered, we sit in a little corner booth so nobody bothers us.