Chapter 19--Sunshine State

The time begins to pass quickly. The concerts in Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., the Carolinas, and Kentucky feel like they all happen on the same day. When we get to Florida, though, everything seems to calm down. While the boys are at signings and promotions, I go down to the beach and work on my tan. The beach is gorgeous, of course, and right outside of our hotel so I don't have to go too far to get to it. As nice as it is, though, I start to get a little lonely. Luckily, the boys get a day off soon.

"All right, boys," Paul says as we're eating breakfast, "You all know that tomorrow is your last concert before we've gotta go back home."

The boys all look down at their food, obviously disappointed. Niall pulls me closer to him. I look over and smile at him softly, wanting to tell him it'll be okay.

"I know you're disappointed about this, but it doesn't change it," Paul continues, "However, the rest of the crew and I decided that it would be a good idea to let you have the day off today. Spend it well."

The boys all look up excitedly. Their sad faces now have huge grins and big eyes. Niall and I lock eyes and smile knowingly at each other. Hazza and Lou have finished breakfast and are leaving the hotel before the rest of us ever have time to think about what we're gonna do. Liam is the next to leave, telling us he'll be in his room talking to Dani if we need him. Shortly after, Niall finishes eating and we stand to leave.

"What shall we do?" he asks as we're leaving the table.

"I was thinking about a day in," I say, "I mean, if you wanna go down to the beach or whatever, we can, but I've been down there so many times already."

"A day in sounds perfect," he whispers and kisses my forehead, "Should we rent some movies and order in?"

I nod and we catch a cab. We go down to the Blockbuster and rent enough movies to last us until dinner. As soon as we get back to the hotel, Niall calls a local Chinese restaurant and orders more food than either of us will be able to eat. And that's saying something for him.

"Order enough?" I laugh when he gets off the phone.

"Better safe than sorry," he shrugs as he goes over to the bed. I roll my eyes and put the disk in, then go lay by him. About twenty minutes into the movie, the food comes. Ten bags of Chinese take-out. I laugh at Niall holding the bags and actually looking shocked. I can't help but take a picture and tweet it:

Chinese take-out and movies with @NiallOfficial #somuchfood

"Well are you just gonna look at me or are you gonna help?" he laughs.

"I don't know," I smile, "This is pretty entertaining. Everyone on Twitter loves it."

"You didn't!" he laughs.

"I did," I wink, "and it's already gotten more favorites and retweets than the gondola one."

He drops all the food and runs over to me, trying to take my phone. I fight back pretty well... Until he throws me on the bed and starts tickling me. I drop my phone and try to use both of my hands to get him to stop. As soon as he can reach my phone on the floor, he grabs it and stops tickling me.

"This is cruel," he laughs as he looks as the tweet.

"But look how cute your face is," I smile, looking over his shoulder. He looks back at me and kisses me softly.

"You get away with so much," he smiles.

"Only 'cause you let me," I giggle, "Now are we gonna watch the movie or what?"

"Of course," he nods and hops off the bed, "You can go ahead and play it without me; I'll get us some food."

I nod and play the movie as he goes into the kitchen with all the food. He comes back out in five minutes with two bowls of white rice and sweet and sour chicken. We actually finish the first bag of take-out pretty quickly. By the time the second movie is over, bags two and three are also gone. I decide to take a break from food for a little, but Niall gets through bag four all by himself during the third movie. By this time, we've watched about six hours of TV and I decide it's time for a little sunlight.

"I thought you'd had enough of outside, though," Niall jokes.

"I lied, so sue me," I laugh and pull him off the bed, "You're coming with me."

"Fine," he sticks his tongue out at me. I laugh and go out to the elevator. He catches up with me just in time and we go down to the beach. We have a nice walk for about five minutes, and then Niall decides I need to take a swim. He's surprisingly sneaky about it, though. He puts his arm around my waist and naturally I think nothing of it. Then, with absolutely no warning, he lifts me up and tosses me into the ocean. I somehow land on my feet, but quickly lose balance and fall back. Niall is of course doubled over in laughter back on the sand. I stand up slowly, do my best to wipe the wet sand of my butt, and run over and tackle him. Luckily, he's off his guard so it's fairly easy. He falls on his stomach but quickly flips over so I'm laying on his sandy chest.

"What was that for?" he laughs.

"What was that for?" I laugh, motioning to my wet clothes.

He shrugs, "You're getting me all wet now, though, in addition to tackling me. So I think I get another go at throwing you."

"Oh, do you?" I raise an eyebrow, "And how exactly are you gonna convince me of that one?"

"Convince you?" he laughs, "Who said I needed to do that?"

"Me," I stick my tongue out, "and I'm not getting up until you do."

"I think I can fix that," he says and quickly grabs my arms and flips me over so he's on top of me. He then stands and, since he's holding my arms, pulls me up with him.

"No!" I laugh and struggle as he pulls me towards the water, it's no use though. He's much stronger than me and I end up knee deep in the water with him.

"See?" he grins, "It's not that bad."

"You're cruel," I smile and splash him.

"It's on!" he laughs and starts splashing me hard. I try to defend myself but quickly realize that offense would be better in this situation. We're both soaked in two minutes. After about five minutes, Niall runs over to me and throws me over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I squeal.

"Bringing you back to the hotel," he says simply, "I'm hungry."

"Of course you are!" I laugh, "Now put me down, I can walk by myself."

"Oh, no, you must be exhausted from all that energy you just used," he laughs, "I'll just carry you back to the room."

"Niall!" I grin, "What are you trying to prove?"

"Nothing," he smiles, then lowers his voice, "I just thought those paparazzi in the bushes could use some more interesting pictures."

"They don't give up, do they?" I shake my head.

"Well, just act natural and I'm sure they'll be gone in a couple minutes," he chuckles.

"Natural? Niall, I'm over your shoulder!" I laugh.

"Anyway..." he laughs.

_______________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Oh my, it's been AGES since I've been on! I hope y'all haven't missed me too much ;P Anywho! I think I'll be able to get on more often now coz I finally got an iPod touch (internet to go)!! As usual comment and vote xx