Chapter 9--Day One

When I wake up, it takes me a minute to remember where I am. After the initial shock subsides, I get dressed, do my hair and makeup, and go out to see the boys. Somehow, though, they're all still asleep. I shake my head and smile softly, wondering how late they stayed up, then go to the front to talk to Loren.

"Good morning," I smile as I open the door to his little "room."

"Good morning," he looks over his shoulder quickly and smiles, "What are you doing up so early?"

"It's only eight," I giggle and sit in the passenger seat, "It's not that early."

He shrugs, "It is for the boys. But I guess you slept better than them. You were asleep earlier, too."

"I'm used to going to bed early, I guess. I mean, school just barely got out."

"Did it? I guess I'm not used to a school schedule since the boys are out of school," he replies.

"No kids?"

"Not me," he shakes his head, "Andy just had one, though. The boys' bodyguard."

I nod, "My sister told me."

"She likes the boys, does she?"

"She's obsessed," I laugh and nod, "That's why I'm here."

"Good," he smiles, "They need a little company every now and then. Someone to talk to besides each other and the band."

"Well, that's what I'm here for," I laugh.

"No," he looks at me with a knowing smile, "You're here for much more than that."

"I--" I begin, but don't know what to say.

He smiles slightly, "Sorry, don't mean to sound so mysterious."

"No, it's--it's fine," I shake my head.

"Oi, Loren, we should probably find someplace to get breakfast, the others will-- Oh... Hi," Liam walks in wearing his boxers, his hair rumpled from hours of sleep, "I didn't realize you were up..."

"I-- Um-- Good morning," I stutter and turn away quickly, my face burning. It's not that I feel awkward around boys in underwear, it's the same as boys in swimsuits. It's just that I don't know Liam that well and he doesn't strike me as the "Totes-okay-with-showing-off-my-body-to-someone-I-just-met" type of guy.

"So... yeah... Just find someplace to eat please, Loren," he says and leaves quickly. After he's gone, Loren starts to laugh softly.

"How is that funny?" I whisper, a little angry.

"Sorry," he smiles, "I was just thinking about how they're gonna have to get used to having you around and how you're gonna have to get used to... Well, that."

I can't help but smile. He's absolutely right. My life is going to change drastically now that I'm with the boys. And they're going to have to get used to not walking around in their underwear.

After about twenty minutes, we pull into a little restaurant. Loren takes everyone's orders and goes in to get the food. It's a little weird being alone in the front, but it's also nice to have some quiet time. I pull out my phone and look at the time. It's only 8:30, still too early to text Arden. Daddy's probably at work by now and Mom's probably just getting in the shower. I smile to myself. I know my family too well.

"Good morning, lovely," a sleepy Irish voice comes from the doorway. I turn and see Niall yawning. He's wearing basketball shorts and a white tank top. He has some serious bed head.

I giggle, "Good morning. Tired?"

He nods, "Aren't you?"

I shake my head, "This is a normal time for me. You're just lazy."

He chuckles and sits down in Loren's seat, "It's not my job to wake up early. That's for Liam."

I shift in my seat, "Liam... We had a little... incident this morning."

He grins,  "He told us. Too funny."

I shake my head and laugh, "It was awkward, not funny!"

He shrugs, "Same thing."

I roll my eyes, "Does he feel awkward about it?"

He shakes his head, "He feels bad about making you feel awkward, though."

"Well," I sigh, "if he doesn't feel awkward about it, then it wasn't really that bad, right?"

"Exactly!" he smiles, "You're on the way to thinking like us."

I laugh, "Is that a compliment?"

"Absolutely," he grins, "You're gonna eat with us, right?"

"Only if you want me to..."

"Are you crazy? Of course we do! I'll let you know when the boys are dressed so you can come out."

I laugh, "I'll be waiting."

He smiles and leaves. When he closes the door, I hear him say: "Hey, lads, get dressed so my girlfriend can come out here!" and I giggle softly. When Loren comes back in and hands me my vanilla hazelnut latte, Niall follows in closely.

"They're dressed," he smiles, takes my hand, and brings me out. The others have already started eating and greet me with full mouths. I'm more amused than disgusted, really. Niall and I sit down at the same table as yesterday.

"Is that all you got?" he asks, motioning to my latte.

I nod, "I don't usually eat breakfast."

His eyes grow wide, "You don't what?!"

"I don't usually eat breakfast..." I repeat.

"You are going to eat breakfast for the rest of the summer," he says, "Even if you have to share mine."

"No, Niall, it's fine," I insist.

He pushes his take out box of pancakes, bacon, hash browns, and eggs towards me, "Eat."

"I--"

"Eat."

I obviously can't argue, so I grab a fork and start to eat one of the pancakes. Niall seems almost ecstatic to see me eating and I can't resist laughing. He raises an eyebrow but I just shake my head. He smiles and starts to eat quickly. After I finish my pancake, I sit back. He shakes his head fervently, though, and pushes the box towards me again.

"No," I laugh, "I'm full."

"No, you're not," he shakes his head, "Eat."

"Niall!" I laugh.

"Oi, lovebirds, you're disturbing our meal!" Harry calls.

"Aw, shut up, Hazza, it's better than you and Lou every day," Zayn replies for us.

Niall laughs, "I'll drink to that!"

"You'd drink to anything, Nialler!" Louis laughs.

Niall shrugs, "Probably."

"Hey, look!" I call and point out the window. The boys look and we all smile as a sign passes by that says "Welcome to Las Vegas, Nevada."