Chapter 5--Arden's Reaction

I wake up at 8:30. Sure, it's not really when I like to wake up during the summer, but I've got a date! I hop in the shower immediately and shampoo and condition my hair twice. I use Japanese Cherry Blossom body wash and when I finally get out the bathroom smells wonderful. I dry my hair halfway, letting it air dry the other half so my natural waves come out a little.

In my room, I pick out my outfit: A light pink blouse and white shorts with light pink TOMS. For my makeup, I keep it neutral with rose tones. 

It's nine by the time I leave my room. I'm about to go to the bathroom to double check how I look (I'm obviously super nervous!), when I hear Arden scream. Not just any scream. No, this is a bloodcurdling scream unlike anything I've ever heard. I run to where the scream came from and see her sitting on her bed with her laptop. Her eyes are enormous and her mouth is hanging open.

"Holy shit. Holy shit," she says over and over.

"What's wrong?" I pant, leaning on her door frame.

She looks up at me and her eyes narrow, "I. Cannot. Believe. You," she says slowly.

"Me?" I tilt my head to the side, "What are you talking about?"

"Did you have a good time at the Marriott yesterday? And Four Barrel? And the Warf? And Alcatraz? And the Bridge? And Chinatown?"

"What--?" I shake my head quickly, "How did you--?"

 "It's everywhere," she flips the laptop around do I can see the screen. Sure enough, it's open to an article entitled: "Niall Horan's Latest Flame?" It has pictures of us everywhere we went yesterday, from me taking off his sunglasses to me laughing at him as he stares at the sea lions, to us holding hands and running down the streets of Chinatown.

"Do you want to explain?" Arden demands.

"I don't know what to tell you, Arden," I shrug, "I was just showing him around the city. He asked me to."

"Damn it, Lila!" she smacks her bed, "This is not just showing him around!"

"What do you want me to tell you?" I stand and throw my hands up, "No, yesterday wasn't a date!"

"Whatever," she glares, "That's who you were texting yesterday, isn't it? Ohmy God! You have his number!"

"Yes, I was texting him and yes, I obviously have his number in order to text him. And before you even ask, no, you can't have it," I look at the clock in her room, "Shit, 9:30 already? I have to go."

"Where?" she runs after me as I book it to the car, "Lila, where are you going? Lila!"

I speed away, not wanting to be late for my date for anything.