Chapter 18--From Coast to Coast

From Texas, we go to Missouri, Minnesota, Illinois, and Michigan before we end up on the East Coast. First stop: Hershey, Pennsylvania. Luckily, there's no need to convince the boys to go to Hersheypark, they're just as excited as I am. Naturally, the first place Niall wants to go is anywhere there's food, but we convince him that it'll be better to go on the rides before eating. We go on as many rides as we can, except Harry and Zayn, and then go to eat. And Niall won't leave until we've been to every restaurant and ordered at least one dessert.

"It's Hersheypark," he defends himself, "How can I not take advantage of it?"

Of course, we can't stay forever and after the concert we move on to New Jersey. Which, despite popular belief due to "Jersey Shore," isn't that crazy. The boys have two venues there and then it's onto the one state I've always wanted to go--New York.

"Niall, if you don't take me to the city, this will be the worst tour I've ever been on," I joke as we cross the state line.

"What's it competing with?" Harry laughs as he walks by and rumples my hair.

"Go away, Haz," I stick my tongue out at him.

"Hey, she's finally calling me 'Haz!'" he grins, "Good job, Lila, it's only taken you an entire month!"

"Keep it up, I'll be calling you something else," I smile mischeivously.

"She got you there, Haz!" Zayn grins as the boys erupt in laughter, except Haz, who looks at me like he's plotting something for revenge already.

"Do you really wanna go into the city?" Niall asks after he's stopped laughing.

"I'd like to," I nod, "This'll still be the best tour I've ever been on even if I don't, though."

"Well thank God for that," he chuckles, "I'll see what I can arrange, though. I'm sure Paul would be fine with it."

 "Thanks, babe," I smile.

"Anything for you, love," he kisses my forehead.

When we get to the hotel, Niall goes right to Paul and asks about going to the city. Paul says it's fine as long as we bring Andy and get back in time for the sound check. We agree, of course, and leave quickly. First stop: the Empire State Building!

"God, have you ever seen a view like this?" I grin when we get to the top. You can see the entire city, plus the harbor.

"It's gorgeous," Niall agrees, taking my hand. I look up at him and press my lips against his. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. I run my hands through his hair and smile.

"What was that for?" he smiles after pulling away.

"Well, it's this weird American tradition for lovers to meet at the top of the Empire State Building. I figured we count," I smile and twirl his hair around my finger.

"I like that tradition," he smiles and kisses me again.

"Let's not make this too awkward for Andy," I whisper with a laugh.

"He doesn't mind," he whispers back and leans in again.

I laugh and back away, "I think he might just a little."

We both look over at him and the way he's trying so hard to focus on the horizon makes it obvious that he's uncomfortable.

"All right," Niall sighs, "Where to next?"

"Central Park!" I grin and take his hand. We catch a cab and get to the park pretty quickly. It's actually not very crowded and we can walk around without a million fans bombarding us. We're even able to rent a rowboat and go around the lake.

"This is perfect," I smile. Niall is paddling and I'm laying down with my head on his lap and my eyes closed.

"I'm glad you like it," I can hear the smile in his voice. I blink my eyes open and smile up at him. He leans down and softly presses his lips to mine. The kiss is slow and soft and sweet. It isn't rough or overly passionate and it fits the mood perfectly.

"Like I said," I smile as he pulls away, "this is perfect."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Sorry I haven't updated in forever!!!! School just started up again and it's been crazy busy. I'm trying, though, I promise! Don't give up on me. MWAH