Chapter 8--The Boys

I turn on my heels, eyes wide, to face none other than Harry Styles. I glare at him.

"Well, thank God he has better things to describe about me than my appearance," I reply coldly.

"Calm down, babe," he chuckles, "I'm just trying to be nice."

He has a seriously twisted definition of nice.

"Haz, you all ready to go?" Liam walks on the bus carrying a clipboard.

"Yes, sir," Harry nods and flops down on the couch, Xbox controller in hand.

"Good, and--" he looks up from the clipboard and smiles shyly, "Oh, hi."

"Hi," I smile, "I'm--"

"Lila," he nods, "I know. You ready?"

I nod, "Niall's just loading my bags."

"Done!" a cheery Irish voice calls as Niall comes onto the bus. He walks over to me and puts his arm around my waist, "You like the bus?"

I nod, "It's great!"

"I knew you could get her, Nialler," Louis walks up behind us and claps Niall on the shoulder.

"Boo Bear!" Harry grins and opens his arms. Louis sits on his lap and Harry tightly closes his arms around him, "Where've you been?"

"Sleeping in the back," Louis chuckles. He turns to me, "Nice to officially meet you, by the way."

"You, too," I smile, thinking about everything Arden told me about Larry Stylinson.

"Everyone's ready, then?" Liam asks.

"Where's Zayn?" Harry asks.

"Up front, he's ready. Are you?" Liam asks again. We all nod and he goes up to tell the driver.

"C'mon, I'll show you where you'll be sleeping," Niall takes my hand and leads me through a door to another half of the bus. There's another mini bar as well as four other beds.

"Take your pick," he says.

"Any of them are fine," I shrug, "It'll probably end of being one of the bottom ones, though."

"Just let us know in the morning so we can send someone in to make it."

"Oh, no, it's fine," I shake my head, "I can make my own bed."

He smiles, "You're with us now, so let us take care of it."

Suddenly, the bus lurches forward, causing me to lose my balance. Niall grabs my arm and pulls me to his chest so I don't fall over. When I regain my balance, I look up at him.

"We seem to do this a lot," I laugh.

"Do what?" he raises an eyebrow.

"This whole, me-falling-into-you thing."

"Well, that's just part of the Irish intimidation I was telling you about when we first met," he winks.

"Sure," I roll my eyes and smile.

He lets me go and takes my hand, "We should go back out. We'll be getting something to eat soon and I want to have a say in where we go."

I laugh, "Of course you do!"

He leads me out of the room. Louis and Harry are playing on the Xbox, Liam is looking over the clipboard again, and Zayn is getting a drink from the mini bar.

"Oh, hey," he waves as he stands and opens his Coke.

"Hi," I smile and wave back. After watching "The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction," it's hard not to laugh at his hair. He walks over to the table and sits across from Liam, "'Bout done worrying, Daddy?"

Liam looks up for a half second, "I'm just trying to make sure we didn't forget anything."

"You've already made sure ten times," Harry calls over his shoulder, "We've got everything we need."

"You're right..." Liam sighs and pushes the clipboard away. Zayn takes it and throws it over his shoulder.

"What was that for?" Liam gasps.

Zayn shrugs, "Just making sure you don't reach for it again."

"Is he always like this?" I whisper to Niall.

"Liam?" he shakes his head, "Naw, only when we're going from city to city."

"How about some food?" Liam suggests.

"Yes, I'm starved!" Niall nods eagerly and we all laugh.

"Course you are, Nialler," Louis grins.

"Seriously, though, mates" Liam smiles, "Where should we go?"

"We should let the lady choose," Zayn suggests and the boys all turn to me.

"Oh, no," I protest quickly, "I'm fine with anywhere."

"Just pick," Louis smiles, "We'll eat anything and Loren'll drive us anywhere." 

"No, really," I blush, "I don't know what you guys like." 

"Sure you do," Harry chuckles, "Just like you probably know all about our families, pets, favorite colors, etc." 

"No..." I say slowly, "I'm not really a... a fan..." They look at me in shock. 

"You, uh, you didn't mention that before, Nialler," Liam says. 

"It's not that important, mates," Niall says, "If anything, it's better. Can we go eat now?" 

Liam nods and goes up to the front to tell Loren where to go. Niall leads me over to a couch and puts his arm around my shoulders. 

"Sorry about that," he sighs, "I didn't think your first hour would be so awkward." 

I smile, "It was a simple misunderstanding. Not awkward at all." 

"Good," he chuckles, "'Cause it's only gonna get more awkward." 

"Can't wait," I grin. I'm going to have so much to tell Arden.