Chapter 10

"I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide"-Imagine dragons.

Devon

The feel of the trigger slowly being pushed down was a feeling I could never forget.

The overpowering feeling of control. The thought that you have the power and with just a slight move of your finger it would all be over.

Though this feeling was one that I loved it had its downsides. The aftermath that just a simple move of your finger could do was sometimes devastating.

Not everyone can handle it. The overwhelming feeling of guilt and disgrace.

What's even worse though is when that guilt turns into to something a little more sinister.

You start to slowly feel the guilt drift away to the back edges of your mind while another feeling starts to crowd the front.

Delight.

You start to get joys out of the sickest parts of life knowing all the while that it's one of the worst things you could feel.

But though this joy has replaced the guilt at the front of the crowd, it does not mean that it can not stop by for a visit.

And oh boy when it visits it is never a nice one.

Things can't always be unicorns and rainbows though, for if it could I wouldn't be in the position I was in right now.

My finger was lightly pressing against the trigger testing how far I could push it without sending a bullet straight through the guys head.

We found him trying to sneak into our house from the back and he was testing my patience now by not answering any of my questions.

"Who sent you" I shouted as I punched him in the face for what seemed to be the thousandth time tonight.

"Ill never tell you" he laughed as he spit blood at my face.

I slowly reached my hand up and wiped the disgusting mucous covered in blood.

"You think that is funny" I laughed as I got up and pointed the gun at his head. "I'm sorry but your out of chances" I gritted out as I went to pull the trigger.

"Wait" he screamed making me abruptly stop. "What" i said with the gun still pointed at his head.

"You wanna keep Ray safe right" he asked.

"What" I said quickly while slowly putting my arm down.

"What do you mean" I gritted out while trying not to bash in this guys skull. How did he even find out about her, hell I verily knew anything about the girl.

"The girl Devon, we know, and I'd suggest if you ever want to see her agin you untie me" he said while smirking, knowing I was in a bind.

"Why exactly would I do that now" I asked trying to find a way around this where he is not free to go.

"Well lets just say if you don't then your pretty little ray, well, she won't be so pretty anymore"

——————————————

This chapter was pretty short but hope you enjoyed.