Chapter 2

12 years later

"Ugly! "
"Ugly! "
"Ugly! "
"Ugly! "

"I don't play with ugly people"

*
*
*

Jungkook wake up, gasping for air. His forehead was full of sweat as if he run the whole Marathon.

Jungkook run his fingers through the scalp of his hair.

This happen for the 22nd time...

He tried so hard to make that awful past of his to go away.

But somehow, it sticks to him like a magnet.

Especially the voices in his head.

Jungkook shook his head trying to forget that awful dream.

"Jungkook! You're going to be late for school you know that? " my mom called from downstairs.

"Give me a minute! " I yell back, wiping off the sweats on my forehead and temple before taking deep breaths.

*
*
*
*
*

"Kook! "

I instantly knew who that voice belong to–

Lalisa Manoban.

I saw her waving at me by the end of the pavement, wearing that cute bunny smile of hers.

I smile as I jog my way up to her.

" hey lis" I greeted.

This girl here is my childhood friend, Lalisa Manoban.

" Kook, you better make an excuse why I'm earlier " Lisa folded her arms, shooting a playful look at him.

There's something special about her that the other girls don't have.

" Lis, I could hear the school bell from afar" I place my palm at the back of my ear, pretending to hear something.

" Don't wanna be late. " I wink jogging my way ahead of her.

In other words, she's also my childhood crush.

"Ya! " she chased after me.

I ran faster.

Of course, she wasn't able to catch me and gave up eventually.
*
*
*
*
*
As we arrive at school we head down to the hall and to our lockers.

Lisa's locker were opposite to mine.

Which makes me so relieved that our lockers weren't far from each other.

I couldn't stand her away from me.

As I open my locker there was a sudden voice.

"Ya Jungkookie!! " A voice yell from across the hallway as that figure run towards me.

" Ya Tae, who ask you to yell my name across the hallway?! You'll know what–"

" That's what happening to Jimin hyung right now!" Taehyung explain as he was panting for air.

" where are the others?" I ask.

" I don't know when me and Jimin first step at the school's concrete floor suddenly a wave of girls started swoorning to me and Jimin and it was getting annoying since I had to greet all the girls and–"