24: New Plan

Ken woke up with a raging hangover and a cold. Dumagdag pa sa mga iisipin niya ang punyetang panaginip. It was so vivid. She touched her lips, remembering the feeling of his lips and the sensations that came with the kiss.

Sigurado siyang nakasama niya si Sage noong nakaraang gabi pero hindi niya masabi ang saktong mga pangyayari. Saan ba natapos ang mga tunay na pangyayari at nag-umpisa ang panaginip?

Bumahing ulit siya at lalong nainis. Bakit ba siya sinisipon ngayong umaga?

Lalo lang sumasakit ang ulo niya habang pinipilit alalahanin ang mga pangyayari noong nakaraang gabi. So she just gave up and hoped that she'd remember the full details in the near future. There was no way in hell that she'd confront Sage and ask if they really kissed.

Checking her phone, Ken found four missed calls from Lily. Hindi siguro alam ng best friend niya na tinanggal na siya sa trabaho kaya hinahanap siya nito. Tinawagan niya si Lily.

"Ken!" Lily said, sounding relieved. "Bakit wala ka pa sa office?"

"Your aunt fired me yesterday. 'Di niya ba sinabi sa'yo?" Ken's reply was followed by a sneeze.

"She was stupid to do that. I'm very sorry about how she fired you but something came up and we really need you here so you're now kinda unfired," Lily said. "I-e-explain ko na lang lahat pagdating mo dito. Can you get here in an hour?"

"Yeah, sure," Ken replied. With her hangover, getting ready would be a little difficult but she heard the urgency in Lily's voice.

"You're a lifesaver, Kendra. Thanks," Lily said before ending the call.

* * *

Nang dumating si Ken sa conference room, siya na lang ang hinihintay nina Lily, Heidi, at Matt kaya nag-umpisa na 'agad ang meeting.

"Una sa lahat, gusto kong mag-sorry sa inyong tatlo. My aunt fired you three yesterday and that was too harsh and uncalled for. None of you deserved that." Lily sighed. "Kaninang umaga ko lang nalaman na ginawa niya 'yon and I tried to reverse her decision but a lot of other employees took her side."

"So illegitimate employees ba kami ngayon? Why are we here if we aren't employed?" Ken asked. Matt and Heidi looked just as confused.

"Centrine Corp. called this morning. May bagong development sa pageant incident investigation but they refused to give more details. Tristan said that they would only work with Kendra and her team. Iyon ang naging panlaban ko kay Auntie," Lily explained.

"Nice," Matt said, holding his hand up to high five Ken who reluctantly accepted it.

"Ang galing mo namang magpa-cute, Kendra," Heidi said, giving her team leader a large grin and a thumbs up.

Ken blushed but didn't say anything. She made a mental note to thank Tristan when she gets the chance.

"But wait," Lily interrupted the mini celebration. "'Wag muna kayo matuwa nang sobra, you were rehired but you'll be on probation. So if you mess up again, I don't think I can persuade my aunt to keep you, okay?"

The three nodded and Lily continued with her news. "Mabilis ang naging investigation ng Centrine Corp dahil meron nang evidence galing sa 'tin and I think Tristan was just too excited to help Selene. Anyway, they found another suspect that could have a motive for sabotaging our event. Please watch this clip from the surveillance camera of a laundry shop near the threatened contestant's place."

A video played on the flat screen TV of their conference room. It showed the guy who threatened the contestant as he exited the building wearing the Centrine Corp cap. He then entered a white sedan parked in front of the laundry shop and drove away. The clip ended there which left the other three bewildered. Paano naman 'to naging development?