25: Homecoming

The day of the dreaded alumni homecoming finally arrived and though Ken badly wanted to bail on it, she couldn't leave Lily alone. The other two members of the Special Resolutions Unit weren't graduates of Minerva International School so they couldn't take her place.

Ken disliked these kinds of events. Maliban sa hassle mag-ayos, wala rin siyang ganang makipagplastikan sa mga naging kaklase niyang paniguradong magyayabangan lang.

Lily was engaged in a conversation with her favorite history teacher and Ken was left to sit with two girls who used to be her classmates. Actually, 'di naman siya kinakausap ng dalawang 'to noong high school, 'di niya alam kung bakit naisipan nilang makipagplastikan ngayon.

They were showing off their boyfriends. Ken couldn't care less but the other two showed photos of their respective lovers, probably expecting her to combust in jealousy or something.

"He isn't just hot, sobrang galing din ni Josh sa anatomy, if you know what I mean" sabi ni Jean, ang med student na palihim na kasintahan ng resident na nagtuturo sa kanya.

"What a cute boyfriend. Eric is gorgeous and he let me join the mile-high club," sabi ni Trish, isang tagapagmana ng airline company na may boyfriend na piloto.

Ken rolled her eyes as she glanced at the photos. Sage has a law degree from the UK at wala pa sa kalingkingan ng kagwapuhan ng lalaking 'yon ang mga jowa ng dalawang 'to.

Bigla siyang napailing nang maisip niya iyon. She didn't mean to praise him, the thought just formed in her mind. Kailan pa naging isang Sage Hermoso ang standard na pinagkukumparahan niya ng mga lalaki? It made her uneasy.

Sasabihin na sana ni Ken na parehong walang dating ang mga boyfriend ng ex-classmates niya nang makarinig sila ng malalakas na boses na nagtatalo sa 'di kalayuan at napalingon sila.

Two ladies seemed to be in the middle of an argument. One appeared to be their age and the other, slightly older. Both looked gorgeous in their designer dresses and emitted an aura of elegance with their perfect postures. In between them was none other than the fuckboy of the year, Sage Hermoso.

Ken was surprised to see Sage here. Surely, hindi ito graduate ng Minerva International School kasi exclusive school for girls 'yon. He must be the date of one of the ladies he was with but knowing him, both could be his dates.

From a distance, she couldn't hear exactly what they were arguing about and she wanted to know. She knew it was none of her business. She hated the fact that she was intrigued by them and maybe a bit disappointed that he was here with a date. Napailing na naman si Ken sa iniisip niya. Since when did she care so much about what goes on with Sage?

Napatitig din kay Sage sina Jean at Trish. Of course, they knew him. He was undeniably popular with the ladies and they looked like they were itching to meet him. Akala mo mga walang boyfriend sa lagkit ng mga tingin nila sa binata.

"Si Sage 'yon, 'di ba?" Lily said enthusiastically. Hindi napansin ni Ken na lumapit ang best friend niya. "Let's go say hi!"

Lily linked their arms and dragged her towards the guy before Ken could protest. Nainis siya sa excitement ni Lily na puntahan si Sage. In her peripheral vision, she could see Jean and Trish glaring at them in envy.

As they got closer, Ken saw what they were arguing about. Parehong may hawak na bow tie ang dalawang babae na pilit nilang sinusuot kay Sage.

* * *

"Mas bagay sa suit niya 'tong burgundy."

"Itong midnight blue ang para sa baby ko."

Sage was getting tired of the argument when his jaw dropped at the sight of Lily and Ken approaching. The heiress looked delicate in a rose-colored, lace ball gown while his Number 1 Hater was in a black sheath gown that complimented her slim figure.