41: Priority

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife."

Malakas na palakpakan ang narinig sa simbahan nang matapos ang wedding ceremony nina Aero at Istanna. Among the attendees were, of course, the people who helped them get back together.

Ken looked at teary-eyed Lily in incredulity. "It's their second time getting married. And the way they just broke up without confirming things with each other was so immature, what are you being so emotional about?"

Bigla namang sumabat ang lalaking nasa kabilang side ni Lily. "Some people just don't understand true love. Lily, if you need to cry, my shoulder is always available." Sage grinned. "My chest is also available, if you'd prefer that."

"Well, I guess you should listen to the expert, Lily. Nakahanap nga naman siya ng anim na future wife in eight months," Ken replied sarcastically.

"We all make mistakes but you will never be one of my mistakes, Lily," Sage said. "So saan mo gustong magpakasal?" dagdag niya bago pa makasingit si Ken.

"It doesn't really matter where as long as I'm marrying the right person." Lily smiled.

"Nice to meet you, I'm the right person," Sage said as he jokingly extended his hand.

"The right person to avoid," Ken said. "Don't even shake his hand, maraming germs 'yan, for sure."

"Says someone who initiated the handshake when we first met," Sage retorted, remembering how he didn't expect Ken's hand to be soft.

"Like you said, we all make mistakes," mabilis na sagot ni Ken.

"You two are just impossible. I'm gonna go and congratulate the newlyweds." Lily let out an exasperated sigh before leaving them behind.

"Ano bang kailangan kong gawin para magtiwala kang wala akong masamang intensyon kay Lily?" Sage asked calmly. Girls would usually be eager to date him within a week of meeting him but he had been trying to charm Lily for over three months yet she had shown no signs of interest in being non-platonic with him.

Sinabi naman ni Lily wala itong gustong ibang tao kaya isa lang ang masisisi ni Sage kung bakit hindi pa rin bumibigay sa kanya si Lily—si Ken, ang babaeng magaling sumira ng diskarte at nasusupalpal ang lahat ng galawan niya.

Ken looked straight into his eyes, slowly narrowing hers in suspicion. "You've never cared about my approval before. Anong binabalak mo?"

Sage cleared his throat, feeling invaded by Ken's piercing stare. "It's just that you're so good at keeping me away from her. I want you to be on my side, for a change. Ang hirap mong kalaban, we can be friends, you know." Masakit sa pride na aminin 'to, but he managed to say it with a straight face.

Kendra continued to stare at him. Her lips slowly curved into a sweet smile. Umasa si Sage na papayag itong makipagtulungan.

"Sorry but like everything else that has anything to do with you and me, may conflict of interest 'pag dating sa bagay na 'yan. Thanks for telling me how effective I've been at keeping you away from Lily." Kendra's smile looked a lot more cocky now. "Mukhang malapit ka nang sumuko. Can't wait!" With that, she left him and followed Lily towards Mr. and Mrs. Ringo. 

Panandalian namang natulala si Sage. He should've expected that from Ken. Medyo disappointed siyang tinanggihan ni Ken ang live friend request niya but at least she didn't pretend to help him out and sabotage his efforts in secret.

Lumapit na rin si Sage sa mga bagong kasal para batiin ang mga ito. Nasalubong niya si Ken na palabas na ng simbahan. As he passed her side, he leaned in to bring his lips closer to her ear. "You know, I offered you a truce so that you won't be too depressed when Lily finally chooses me. At malapit na 'yon. Watch me catch her 'cause she'll be falling hard."