58: Friendly

Medyo masama ang pakiramdam ni Sage pero no'ng nalaman niya ang nangyari sa pagitan ng receptionist at ng isang VVIP guest, hindi niya napigilan ang sariling ayusin agad iyon. Chance na rin 'to para bumawi sa tatlong linggong pagkawala niya.

Hindi niya na naitanong kung sino ang VVIP guest. Dumiretso na lang sa kwarto nito na may dalang flowers para humingi ng dispensa.

So when the VVIP guest opened the door of Room 1803, he wasn't ready for the flurry of emotions that rushed through him. She used the black card, he wasn't expecting that.

Sage got over the shock at seeing her and quickly calmed his features to display a straight face. "Hindi?" he repeated the word she was stuttering with raised eyebrows, trying to encourage her to continue.

Huminto si Ken at pumikit bago muling magsalita. "Hindi mo kailangang mag-sorry. It was not your fault at all."

"I have to be responsible for my staff so please take these," Sage replied, presenting the flowers again, which Kendra reluctantly accepted. "I hope you enjoy your stay here at The Orchid, Miss Yumi. If there's nothing else, I should get going." He smiled. Nilabas niya 'yong dimples pero blangko ang kanyang mga mata He gave her a slight bow and turned to leave.

"Sage." Nakailang hakbang na si Sage no'ng nagsalita si Ken. Mahina at mahinhin ang boses nito, hindi maangas ang tono na tulad ng nakasanayan ni Sage.

"Yes, Miss Yumi?" Lumingon siya at nakita niyang nakagat sa labi si Ken. "Is there a problem?"

"I'm sorry," she said.

"There's no need to apologize," Sage said calmly. "You were right to call out the rude receptionist—"

"Hindi 'yon ang tinutukoy ko."

"I'm not aware of anything that you need to apologize for, Miss Yumi."

"Why are you being unfamiliar?" Ken asked. The slight quiver in her voice didn't escape his ear. "You keep calling me Miss Yumi. Alam mo kung anong tinutukoy ko."

"I remember you asking me to forget you. Ginagawa ko lang ang gusto mo," he said coldly. Nasasaktan pa rin siya sa rejection ni Ken pero ayaw niya nang hayaang magkaroon na naman sila ng sagutan.

"That's what I'm apologizing for." Ken fidgeted as she spoke. "I shouldn't have been so harsh to you. I don't want you to hate me... kahit deserve ko naman."

Sage's eyes softened at seeing her restless. Halatang hindi madali kay Ken na humingi ng tawad sa kanya and he was definitely not expecting an apology from her. "I don't hate you, Kendra," he said in a much warmer tone. I can't hate you even if I tried. "You just did what you had to do. You're not responsible for my feelings and I respect that you don't feel the same way. To be honest, ako 'yong naging immature no'ng fitting mo. I shouldn't have tried to spark an argument. I'm Sorry."

"You don't really need to apologize. Naiintindihan ko. We have always been..."

"Antagonistic?" He grinned, remembering how much they argued and tried to one up each other in the past. He loved and missed it. Hindi niya man inamin, 'yon ang kumukumpleto ng araw niya dati.

"Yes," she said, nodding, a slight smile forming on her lips. "We've always clashed."

"This is probably the most mature conversation that we have ever had," Sage said with a controlled chuckle.

"So are we good?" Ken asked tentatively.

"Of course." Tumango si Sage. "You are a valued guest here at The Orchid and I'm determined to provide you with the best service."

"I see." Her eyes were downcast for a second but she quickly gazed up at him and smiled. "You've changed and achieved a lot, bagay rin pala sa 'yong maging CEO."