53: Moon and Tux

First time lumabas ng bahay ni Cas matapos ang mahigit isang buwang pagmumukmok sa kanyang kwarto. His cousin was able to drag him out into a nightclub in Makati. Binigyan pa siya nito ng costume ni Tuxedo Mask, may costume party daw kasi doon.

Maingay sa loob ng club. May nagsasayawan, nag-iinuman at naglalandian sa lahat ng sulok. Everyone was happy or, at least, they seemed to be. But all Cas could think of was the immense heartbreak caused by Yumi's death. Huli na ang lahat nang makarating siya sa Japan. Puntod na lang ni Yumi ang naabutan niya.

Dalawang buwan na ang nakalipas pero kahit parang naubos na lahat ng luha niya kasi 'di na siya makaiyak, 'di pa rin nababawasan 'yong sakit.

After a few shots of vodka, Cas ditched the party and went up to the rooftop to get some fresh air. The sky was cloudy and the air was cold. Dumungaw siya sa railing at tinitigan ang kalsada sa baba. Atop the fifteen-story building, all he could think about was that if he jumps, his pain would end. And maybe, he'll get to see Yumi again.

He started to climb the cold metal railing. Nakasampa na nga ang isa niyang binti sa harang nang may sumigaw. May biglang humila sa kapa niya at nahulog si Cas patalikod. Nadaganan niya 'yong humila sa kanya. He quickly stood up and turned to see who it was. Si Sailor Moon pala ang pumigil sa kanya.

He scowled before launching into a scolding. "Bakit mo ba ako pinigilan? Ano bang pakialam mo kung mawala na 'ko sa mundong 'to?—"

"Can you slow down, please? My Tagalog isn't very good," she interrupted. Cas clicked his tongue. Nagdadrama na siya eh, panira ng moment 'yong language barrier.

"You know what, nevermind. A nosy kid like you would never understand," he said with a sigh.

"You ungrateful little shit! You were a few seconds away from death and you have the guts to talk to me this way?" Sailor Moon was furious.

"Why did you even stop me? I didn't ask to be saved!"

"I just don't want to be taken in for questioning once the police find your dismembered body on the sidewalk below!"

"Fine then, leave so I can jump!"

"You can't make me leave, you don't own this building!"

"You don't own it either so I can jump whenever the hell I want," Cas retorted before turning his back and heading towards the railing again.

"Wait!" she said, as she grabbed his arm. "Please, please, please don't kill yourself. Whatever you're going through, you can talk to me if that would make you feel better."

Cas looked weirdly at her. Sino ba 'tong ingliserang Sailor Moon na 'to? Kanina lang nagtatalo sila pero ngayon, nag-offer nang maging therapist. He found her annoying and, maybe, a little cute.

"We don't even know each other. Why do you care?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm a total stranger to you but I can't just let you die. I'm pretty sure this is normal behavior for humans," she replied.

Simula nang makarating ang si Cas sa Pilipinas galing sa Japan matapos malaman ang sinapit ng first love niya, wala pa siyang kinakausap nang maayos. He knew that most of his relatives were worried, napakakulit at maligalig niya kasi pero sa mga nakaraang buwan, naging tahimik siya at walang sigla.

But in the very short amount of time that he spent interacting with this unusual girl, he seemed to regain a little of himself back. The warmth in her voice and compassion in her eyes made Cas want to trust her. Knowing that even a stranger valued his life made the pain a bit more bearable but he kept his mouth shut.

"Is it a girl problem?" tanong ni Sailor Moon.

Cas nodded weakly.

"Did she leave you for someone else?"