Chapter 21

After a while, Toriel decided that we should all go on a picnic in the meadow near Mt. Ebott. We agreed to it excitedly, especially me since I love that meadow. The flowers blossom in so many colors, the light green grass is so soft and the oak trees there are magnificent. I was helping Toriel with the picnic basket, leaving Sans and Chara in the living room. I wish they could get along and leave the past behind them. I thought as I placed sandwiches in the basket.

~*~*~

"So Bonehead," I managed to say while messing with my golden, heart shaped locket. "What is it..?" Sans replied in stern voice. I rolled my eyes, not agreeing to this. Why would Frisk want us to be friends? Out of all people. "I'm just telling you now that Frisk wants us to be so called "friends", so don't come snapping at me as much as I would love to do the same." I explained, crossing my arms. Sans sat back on the couch and looked at the roof, exhaling. "I know. Tori has been telling me the same thing so I'm not gonna lay a finger on ya." He responded. I was very bewildered now. Mom told him?

This was very odd, I'd never thought Mother would ever make Sans do something. Even though she was the previous queen of the Underground that is. We just sat there in silence, you could her Frisk and Mom talking, laughing as well. The silence started to get awkward as we looked away from each other. What was I suppose to say? At least I don't have him on my back, continuously threatening me.

The comedian clears his throat, trying to break the silence. My ruby red eyes roamed around the room, trying to find a way to entertain myself.

There was nothing to block off my boredom. I suddenly saw darkness, causing me to jump slightly. "Guess who?" I heard angelic voice say, as a smile grew on my face. "Frisky?" I reply. She giggles and hugs my waist from behind. "Yep! Are you two ready to go on the picnic?" Frisk asks me. "You bet Kid." Sans replies. I simply nodded and stand up, once Frisk had released her grip on my waist.

Mom came with the basket the same time the comedian stood up from the couch. I reached out to the door handle, simply turning the knob as it creaked open. Soon we had left in the car and headed off to the meadow. But I kept having one thought flow directly to my mind.

Asriel loved picnics....