Chapter 22

The picnic wasn't really exciting for Chara. She kept dozing off for some reason, like as if something was bothering her. I tried my best to figure out what was wrong with her, but she knows how to hide what's wrong with her.

We all headed our separate ways, leaving me and Chara alone at our house, as always. Chara started to play with her locket repeatedly like it wasn't fixed right. Then, I broke the silence between us with a question. "Chara, what's wrong?" I asked her, giving her a worried look. Her ruby eyes looked into my eyes and sighed. "Frisky... You remember Asriel.. Right?" She questioned as I remembered the memories of me meeting Asriel for the first time. "Yes I remember him, why do you ask?" I replied. Her eyes trailed around my face and body, seeming to try and distract herself from my question. "I can't help but think about him."

I sat there filling quite shocked. This has been years, she still remembers the memories of her and her goat brother together as children? I thought. Chara suddenly hugged me and nuzzled into my neck, staying quiet. I hugged her back when I heard her whisper. "I miss him." I rocked her softly, comforting her whenever she's upset and she fell asleep. She has been crying for him for a while... I couldn't help but feel upset about all this happening.

She loves him, as her one true brother and best friend. I can't blame her. I sorta cried when he said he wasn't going to the surface with me and the rest of the monsters, because he assumed he'll just cause more sorrow for his parents. So I kept my promise for him, to take care of Asgore and Toriel. I placed Chara's sleeping body on the couch, covering her with a blanket. But when I went to leave, she grabbed my waist and pulled me to her.

"Please, sleep with me." She yawned softly. I nodded and wrapped my arms around her neck as she held me by my waist, and fell asleep. I planted a gentle, sweet kiss on her head as I yawned. I hope you feel better Chara. I said in my head as I closed my sleepy eyes to rest.