Insecurities and Comfort

No girl believes that she's beautiful
Until a guy comes along and makes her feel like she is

"That will never happen to us love. I need you, all the time. Of course there are going to be moments when we do something apart but that's just what people do. I will never hurt you just to make you more dependent on me, that's horrible. I want you to be in here with me, and if you try and move your stuff to another room I will spank your ass so help me god." I felt myself get wet at the thought of that and blushed, realizing he could probably smell my arousal and thanking god Rebekah had walked out. "Not the reaction I was expecting love, but welcome all the same." He laughed, turning me around and kissing me firmly. "I love you, and I will always want you with me."

"I love you too Niklaus, always."

"And forever." He grinned, before helping me put my clothes away.

"Rebekah tried putting my mind at ease but, I kind of need to ask, you don't mind how I dress do you? I mean I dress way different than anyone I've seen around here." He grinned, pulling a pair of boots from its box and placing them in the closet with the rest of our shoes.

"I don't mind what you wear love. In fact I think you look rather sexy like this. While it's true, I usually date girls that dress very girly, there's something about this that's just you, and I told you before, you are perfect in my eyes. I will insist that you have some dresses though, in case we ever go out somewhere nice, or I take you to a meeting with me. I'm never going to dictate what you can and can't wear, I promise." He kissed my head softly as we finally finished putting everything away.

"Yeah, Bekah mentioned that...we need to talk about that actually..." He looked at me curiously before pulling me to sit on the bed with him. "I don't wear dresses...I don't go to fancy dinners, or that kind of stuff. I don't know how to do all that Nik...I've lived in a cave for 30 plus years and before that I was a socially awkward 14 year old with no friends except my brother, who hid in her room day in and day out to avoid my dad, and basically the human race. I don't know etiquette or how to act in fancy places where I won't embarrass you, and I don't want that..."

"Hey...Hey...HEY!" He yelled in the middle of my rant, trying to calm me down as I started panicking. "I will show you whatever I need to, and you will never embarrass me. Who knows, you might like being fancy once in a while, we'll take it slow, I promise." I shook my head, pulling away from him, only to have him hold me tighter to his chest.

"I feel like a giant pain in the ass. I don't know how to be human anymore! I wear torn apart clothes, I'm dirty, I can't function around too many people, and I'm so used to sleeping upside down that I got nauseous the first two nights I slept in a bed. You've had to move your whole life around for me and I've only been here a day! You have to teach me all this stuff that should be common knowledge, I feel so stupid and you deserve so much more. You're so perfect, you deserve a women who's more mature, and experienced and perfect, not some vampire virgin who can't-" I found myself cut off by his lips slamming into mine so hard that if I was human they would bruise. He pulled me so that I was straddling his lap, and we stayed like that for a while, enjoying the feel of each other.

"I will not have you sit here and put yourself down like that. You've had an unfortunate life so far. Everything you know is going to change. You're going to become more human, you're going to learn how to act in society, you're going to have the option of wearing clean clothes and showering like you couldn't before. I will always take care of you love, because you are mine and I love you with all my heart. My mate. Mine!" He growled, kissing down my neck, sinking his fangs into my flesh, marking me as his. While the wound will heal, it will leave a scar that only other supernaturals can see, and his scent is now all over me.

"Thank you." I said as he pulled back and looked at me. "No one has ever taken care of me like this. Not even Paul."

"Do you miss them?" I nodded and he sighed.

"They were my family for 32 years, Paul for 46, I will always love them, but if I have to give them up to be here then I will. I'm sure they won't miss me that much anyway. I'm pretty sure the only reason they kept me around was because I was pack and Max wanted to keep our pack together. They never really included me in anything, hunting, going out, all their stupid drinking games. They all just wanted to be with their mates, or hang out with just the guys and I didn't fall into those categories. I'm actually pretty sure David hated me, but I never really questioned it. I think I'll miss Santa Carla more than anything, the night life there was what I lived for. The music, and lights, the crappy food, rides, games, concerts. I want to take you there sometime, I want you to see everything I loved about my life."

"I'm sorry your brothers made you feel like that love, but I'm sure they all loved you. They probably just didn't know what to do with a girl they couldn't have sex with. They're all 18-20 right?" I nodded. "They never reached maturity before they were turned, it's usually around 24 or 25. I was turned when I was 26, Kol just squeezed by at 24, which is why he still acts like a child sometimes I'm sure."

"What about Rebekah? She's only 20, like me now I guess."

"Girls mature faster than boys, usually 18-19. Now that you're 20 I'm sure that you're going to notice some changes in your attitude, in fact they've already started. While you still have insecurities like any women, especially in a newly mated couple, you're not the same timid, shy girl you were when you arrived earlier. I hope to abolish those insecurities soon enough. Also I would love to come see your home. Now that you're 20 I highly doubt they'll recognize you, especially after we mate, my scent should cover yours enough that they won't notice it if we do run into them." I nodded, hugging him to me, watching as he turned over, laying on his back and putting his head on my lap, looking up at me upside down. "Now, just have to ask, did you say you were a virgin?"