Chapter 1: Through his Eyes

Through the snowy mountains, far into the north stood the humble village of Tengoku. A rather dull and humble form of civilization that relies on further kingdoms and towns to supply food and market items. In exchange, the villagers would share their visions and gifts. The townsfolk of Tengoku are immensely skilled in the use of celestial spells, the magic that derives its energy from the moon and stars from above. It gives them the ability to heal, give life and to even tell the future.

This village is where the guardian was born, where he was chosen. Unlike his people, the boy was born with ocean blue eyes instead of the usual teal pigment. His parents where rather surprised the day he was born, though the village elders could not explain the phenomenon, they did not neglect the child's existence and raised him as one of their own. He faced discrimination and shaming throughout his childhood.
A "freak" a "Monster", whatever you may call someone considered taboo.

One faithful night, the boy was taking a stroll through the woods, illuminated by glowing flowers that bloom ever so brightly even in the harsh and cold winter and the sprites that waved him a hello while humming the beautiful tune, the anthem of the moon. His raven black hair was pushed back by a sudden gust of wind followed by loud whispers. "Leave, run, stay away, turn back." Was all he could hear as the sprites flew away in fear and the flowers that lit up the forest has closed shut, leaving the forest in darkness. The boy was visibly disturbed and irritated by the frequent warnings getting louder and louder each second. He starts to bolt through the trees with bushes and low branches roughly brushing by his face.

"Please! Make it stop!"

Was all he could shout out. He finally gives out and kneels on the ground with the voices only continuing to disturb him. He opens his eyes only to see a man dressed in black, his eyes a bright orange shade and his skin pale with visible scars that looked painful to inflict.

"Aren't you a little too young to wander off this far? Your parents must be so worried about you."

The man's words seem to have stopped the voices as they all fall silent. As if a sea of souls have been dispersed into nothingness, silence.
The man reaches out his hand, which only terrified the young boy, causing him to fall back and run. Crushing shrubs and twigs on his path, he hears footsteps behind him. It was as if they were multiplying, adding more pairs of feet each second.

He trips and falls down a ditch. Bits and clumps of snow brushing through his exhausted body. Tears of fear and dread start to fall down, he looks up to see the pairs of red eyes hidden in the trees. It was almost like a pack of wolves staring down their pray. The creatures of darknees has come to relinquish a possible threat to their kind, to their plans for this world that simply does not belong to them.

The humanoid creatures almost amphibian-like takes a pounce at the young boy, blowing out a black fog that starts to surge towards the crying prey.
A blue light emerges from the trees, blocking the substance from reaching the boy. Yet in return, they fall flat on the ground, their frail and lifeless bodies was recognised by the young one: It was the sprites of the moon. They have sacrificed themselves to protect the helpless boy.

He stares at their lifeless bodies, his face turns into a blank expression, almost one of shock and fear. He stares at the creatures surrounding him, like vultures they circle his surroundings and seem to take pride of what they have just committed.

Fear, despair, weakness. These feelings all at once lead to one result, anger. The boy screams out loud while hugging his knees, this action terrified the creatures causing them to flee yet it was too late. Bolts of ice and frost impales them into the ground with a dome of gushing snow surrounding the boy which seemed to be sheilding him. His black locks fading into a snowy white.

"Maybe next time." The man whispered, ordering a retreat.

Once they have dissapered, the blizzard-like dome has dispersed into flakes. The boy cries uncontrollably, unable to contemplate what happened. His once raven black hair have faded into a snowy white shade.

The boy was found unconscious on the ground. The village elders have witnessed the event through a vision given to them by the stars.

Meanwhile, the king of Orion have woken up from a vision of his own. It appears that the stars have showed him the event aswell. Concerned guards rush in the room only to see the king sitting in bed while trying to capture his breath.

"Your majesty! Is there something wrong?!" The guard in golden armour yells out.

"Winter, Winter has arrived."