Chapter 2: Through her Smile

Born in a wealthy family and is completely cut off from the real world. Her sketches and books where her only escape. The Windows and glass ceilings served as her personal heaven. The girl was born sick and frail, she was destined to die at a young age because of such a burden. No matter how desperate the situation may be, her parents refuse to implement any forms of magic to heal their daughter. Saying such practices are unforgivable to mankind and those who are born with such talents and those who choses to go down that path are scum and such a sin is unforgivable. With a sickness preventing her from experiencing the joys of life and the parents with rules that have sealed her cursed faith, she lived a life of black and white.

Yelling and swearing is heard from father's office, must be another afternoon fight, nothing unusual. The never ending arguments between her parents are nothing but a daily routine to her. She has gained knowledge over all the curse words in the book. How can she not? After all, she hears them everyday. She makes her way to her room, sliding the cloth weaved doors shut, she sits on her clean white draped bed before grabbing a sky blue napkin from underneath a soft pillow. The girl unfolds the peice of cloth, revealing a cherry blossom petal that made it's way through the house window one night. The petal however, was at the verge of drying out noticing the draining pigment. She sighed deeply before placing it back under her pillow, losing hope that she may not witness something so beautiful again.

The young lady got dressed and headed downstairs near the mansion's entrance with it's halls and walls covered in lustrous paintings and framed with real and polished gold. On her way down, a red fox has entered the house, a servant of their's has left the door open giving the creature a chance to enter. Out of curiosity as to never seeing a fox in person before, the girl was entranced by it's beauty. She bent down on one knee while asking the creature to move towards her. The fox tilted it's head, twitching it's right ear trying to understand the girl's instructions. In fear, the feral creature sprinted outside, out into the mansion's front doors. The girl was frustrated not knowing what to do, she ran after the thing. With wind blowing through her black locks, it was her first time being outdoors. Her red dress draping over the grass and her eyes darting through her surroundings. A heavy feeling pulls her down as she gathers all of her might to keep moving. The girl made her way out of the mansion's gate still following the red fox.

Without even noticing, the girl was running through the spring forest filled with greenery and life. However, because of her reckless move she starts to feel lightheaded as her vision blurrs every step she makes. Here it is, her curse has now come to play, taking away what's left of her. Stripping her of her birth right, that is to see and experience what our world is made of. Yet it is too late as she tries to reach her hand out as her vision fades away.

There she was, lifeless. Her black hair scattered on the ground with fallen leaves and twigs. Her red dress now covered in dirt and filth as her pulse grows slower each second. Around all of this life, she starts to die slowly. The fox notices the girl laying on the ground surrounded by nature. He approaches her lifeless body. though she was chasing him the entirety of their race, he appeared to be sad and distrot. As the sun shines through the forest with rays of light passing through the tree branches, a big strand of the girl's hair glows like ploished gold. Her amethyst eyes reopen as she regains consciousness.

"Where am I?" She asks herself, rather confused about her current situation. The heavy feeling she used to feel everyday, the sickness and the very tiresome feeling she has felt when she stepped outside was no longer present. Instead, it is replaced by relief. As if a bird has left the nest for the first time and learns how to fly. She musters her newly obtained strength and stands up. The fox runs away once again and the chase continues.

It ends as the fox stops running, leading the girl into a cherryblossom tree. And underneath, a Brown furred fox was seen laying on its side. A deep wound clearly visible on it's leg.

She inches closer to the injured animal. While turning to it's red companion that purposefully lead her there. When she approaches the fox, it did not attempt to run away, nor did it flinch or show any signs of fear or distress. For some unknown reason, she knew what to do. Her soft palms touches the fox as it emits a radiating green glow. And when she lifts them to reveal it's leg, the once deep and painful wound was no longer found.

Welcome to your new home, maiden of spring.