Chapter 7: Storge

His boots crush the cold snow beneath him. It seems like the forest was in for a calm evening with only cold breezes instead of the occasional blizzards. His ocean blue eyes reflecting the sunlight as it's rays pierce through the thick clouds and surrounds the boy in light. It's warm sensation was quite rare in the northern mountains, and so he made sure to enjoy the feeling while it still lasts. He lays down on the cold ground as he stares at the sky. His blue scarf laying by his side and his oak garments now covered in snow, the serene nature of the moment was perfect. He ruffles his wan hair, specks of frost come flying around him.

The sedate instant was interrupted by another pair of footsteps. The boy sits up to look at the person who hindered his minute of relaxation. The man's unfamiliar appearance scared the boy. His chestnut hat and red garments fixated by golden imprints. The paranoia caused him to stand up with a fearful stance. With his eyes widened, he scans the man's surroundings only to see his father walking alongside the stranger.
With him there, he knew the man had good intentions as he started to catch his breath. The stranger kneels in front of him by one knee before reaching out his hand. Now with the man in a close distance, he can clearly see his mint green eyes.

"Hello there, my name is general Yin."

He speaks up, his voice ardous and sophisticated in nature. The boy returns his gesture by grabbing his hand before shaking it, a shy smile escapes the boy's mouth before replying.

"My name is Cyro." His voice feeble and soft, general Yin can't help but feel sorrowful for him. Knowing that the boy's future will now be filled with conflict and war. How can such a faint boy be moulded into a skilful warrior? How can such a precious thing be strong enough to spill blood of another? The man was used to welding children into soldiers that would serve in his army. Yet something about the boy's aura made his heart ache in anguish.

"Cyro! That's a nice name." The soldier replies with a bright smile drawn across his face.

"I think it is best if we return home for now. I shall explain the situation to him myself." His father speaks up, his statement firm yet tones of fear and dread is still heard.

"Of course! Cyro, shall we?"

The two made their way through the trees shining a radiant glow that reflects the sunlight the white haired boy was enjoying. The general noticed the boy's hair. White and clear, almost similar to the cold powder around them. This must be the aftermath of his awakening. The king and the nins of Orion has spoken of how the magic of the crystal can alter noticeable appearances. With his unique hair colour, the general assumed it was because of the crystal's effect.

As they have reached their marvellous yet humble home. The general noticed the walls of cobblestone framed by spruce woods and of course lit by the ever glowing light of the sprite flowers carefully placed in pots and lamps. His mother sitting on a dining chair, her hands nervously fidgeting with a leaf of a flower.

"Roy! Cyro!" She yells out to the two after turning to them, revealing her short hair and teal green eyes. She pulls her son into an embrace, their faces similar yet the clear distictinction was obvious due to the boy's "condition". Before his father had the chance to explain the gravity of their current situation. She grabs the boy by his frail hand and brings him to his room.

"I can tell him myself."

The mother insisted, she felt as if they had no choice. Their son's future was all layed out before him. " This is unfair" she thought to herself.
He sits on the bed, his feet swaying side to side with his palms set on his lap. She closes the door behind her before letting out a soft sigh.

"Mom, what is it? Who is that man? Why did he come here?"

The boy's voice was a melody of innocence. She felt her heart sink into her stomach, aching uncontrollably. Who wouldn't feel that way? What mother wouldn't feel what she is feeling as of now? Her son, her love and joy now at the verge of being taken away.

"Ever since you were little, your father and I knew you were special. Even though you're different, I know that through your gifted eyes you can see beyond the barriers that were set upon us. Your father and I knew that with your help, our tribe can evolve and innovate and conquer the raging mountains we dwell in. But it seems like it is not only our tribe's lives that will be put on your hands, Cyro."

She sits beside him, placing her soft and gentle palm on his shoulder.

"Mom, what do you mean?" He faces her, his attention clearly fixated onto her words as he tries his very best to understand.

"You won't be living here in Tengoku anymore. The man will take you to his kingdom to make you stronger and smarter than you already are."

The boy was shocked, fear was clearly seen on his face.

"Mom! No! I don't want to leave. I want to stay here in Tengoku with you!"
The boy bursts out in tears, pulling his distressed mother to an embrace.

"Worry not my child, mother will never leave your side."

The men sitting in the dinning table stood in fear with their eyes wide open. The door of the boy's room opens as both mother and son walk out, their hands intertwined with each other.

"General Yin, I am allowing my son to fight for your cause for it seems like we do not have any other choice. But in one condition,

We're coming with him."