Chapter 19: The Symbol of Peace

Tonight, the star's in the heavens will safely lead her soul safely towards Faint eye mountain, where she will be judged by the four gods and gracefully enter Caelum. Tonight, her borrowed physical form will be one with the earth and her life energy will feed the ground, giving way for other life to bloom.

Winglight Island was truly at a dark and painful time, now having to maintain their life of peace without a queen to rule over them, they are now walking down the path without a symbol of light to lead the way. Thousands of Fay maidens gather at the winglight shrine, where past queens, past leaders and brave warriors are burried and honoured by the future generations. The time has come for another queen to pass on.

The wings of the gathering Fay maidens glow with lights of different mesmerising colours as a song of an ancient language is played. It's tune soft and mellow, truly showing the pain and grief the entire island feels. As her casket is slowly lowered to the ground by vines controlled by priestesses of the island. It is said that these vines contain a magical property that could ward off and combat evil spirits that can harm a passing soul.

Besides all the cries and weeps throughout the crowd, besides all the glooming flowers, Olivia stands expressionless, not shedding a single tear. Her dark green dress draping on the cobblestone floor as she approaches the lowered casket of her deceased sister. She reaches out her palm as a white flower sprouts out from her hand, it's petals emitting a green light. She turns to the wallowing crowd.

"This! Is the symbol of hope! A symbol which our kingdom will now be gifted with! Let the green light of my soul and the soul of my sister light the way to a new beginning! A new Winglight!"

The enchanted flower plucks itself from her palm and a mysterious wind blows it towards the leveled down coffin. Sparks of yellow light start to cancel out the green as the flower blooms and plants itself on the wooden box. The general then stretches her mesmirizing green wings, hypnotic rays piercing the crowd as flowers start to appear on their hands aswell. The Fay maidens took this as a signal to take off and soar the skies, holding a glowing flower of their own colour and wings that glimmer like colourful stars.

The princess eyes her people grieving for their loss of a queen. But she grieves and weeps for the loss of a Mother. She hears the footsteps of Hana Rei from behind as she places her hand on her shoulder.

As someone who knows their story, what do you think the reason if for general Olivia's prideful mask? Why she refuses to show a single hint of sadness despite it eating her up from the inside, slowly poisoning her heart with agonizing emotions?

From afar, the demoness watches, focused on the colonies of Fay maidens engulfing the sky with their light. A shadow swiftly swipes through the trees surrounding her, causing her to suddenly turn to it's direction.

"Jin! You made it!" The woman raises both her hands in sadistic joy, a wide and sinister smile across her face.
"Enjoying the light show,Ivy?" The demon replied with an equally disturbing grin, showing his sharp teeth and highlighting his Orange eyes burning like hell fire.
"So, how's winter going so far?" The demoness crosses her arms and tilts her torsoe aside, questioning the demon's progress in retrieving the winter energy, referring to Cyro.
"The king ordered the Night mage and Dragon General to bring him to Orion. It'd be too risky if we attack head on." The demon grabs a blade from his belt before lightly tossing it up and down with ease for his amusement.
"I hear the spring guardian is heading for Orion aswell. They're making a huge mistake keeping all their eggs in a basket."
"Shall I halt Cobalt and Hul's pursuit of summer and fall?" Jin asks for instructions from the demoness.
"Yes, and when the time is right, we strike with a blow so intense the walls of their greedy kingdom will crumble and we will retrieve the four seasons and answer to the call of our king!"