Chapter 10: Song of the Moon

As our carriage stopped by the tall and intimidating gate carved with runes and plated with iron and magical elements. A strong metal base framed with gold, designs that resemble the stars decorate the gigantic infrastructure. My heart drops down to my stomach. This is it, we have made our way across the nations and to the kingdom of Orion after a long week of travel. A man standing by the carriage blows into his horn, emitting a loud noise that echoed through the gate. My eyes widen as I peek my head through the carriage window, witnessing the gate open. I hear gears turning from the inside with the jewels enchanted with some type of magic glow and shine as the gate slides apart, revealing the lustrous and beautiful kingdom that lies within these walls. A city of large houses with similar designs, an indigo roof with white walls designed by golden prints and decorations, cobblestone streets and sidewalks lit by lamps emitting a yellow light that brings life to the city as the sun starts to set.

It truly wasn't what I was expecting, my father told me Orion was a kingdom of nobility and wealth. Because of that, ,my mind created a prediction of what would happen when we arrived. I was expecting ominous and disapproved stares and glances with the townsfolk whispering words of malice as they are infuriated and simply annoyed by our presence. Yet, we are welcomed by cheers and smiles, colours and glitters cloud the air as the townsfolk sing and yell. General Yin and the strange man are riding their noble steeds in front of our carriage. I remember seeing a wide smile on the general's face as he waves back the citizens.

"Glory be to the Creed!" The crowd chants loudly, the aura of the kingdom filled with passion and excitement. A batallion of royal guards covered in golden armour with red capes draping by their backs escort us as we ride the carriage through the kingdom, the townsfolk not wavering in their yells. I turn to my side to look at my parents. Both of them visibly engulfed in joy as they stare out the window. Their faces drawn with a happy expression.

At a distance, I notice the king's home. Gold and quartz reflecting the slowly dimming sunlight. Around it, a wall that seems to be emitting a green light as it surrounds the castle, creating a protective dome.

We arrive at the castle gates, the aura of our surroundings change at an instant the second we entered the quartz like doors. The echoes and noises of the townsfolk fading away behind us. Soon enough, we find ourselves in the middle of a castle courtyard filled with flowers and statues accompanied by fountains. Finally, the carriage halts at it's tracks as we have reached our destination. A royal guard opens the door beside me. As I step outside, my boots touching the cobblestone path our carriage has made it's way to. My blue eyes scan our surroundings, the courtyard was truly beautiful. I see the strange men in dark hoods swiftly unmount their black steeds as they run to the front of the carriage.

I glance aside to see what was going on, seeing as they are clearly in panic. A servant, dressed in a black and white attire was talking to the general who is clearly worried. The hooded man from earlier standing by him, his face expressionless and dull. My father and I make our way there. Something seemed wrong.

"General Yin, is there a problem?" My father asks in clear concern and worry.

"I have received news that our Princess Divina has fallen ill." The general replies, his head ducked down, clearly in ascance.

"Will she be okay?" Somehow I knew I wouldn't get a straight answer. Even at a young age, empathy was an important attribute of mine.

"Our king has the best healers from all over Orion at her aid, she should be fine."

The general turns and walks away. Most likely to see what he may do to help.

"You and your clan have made it all this way. You must be tired. I shall prepare your room and-"

Although her remarks where in compassion, I can't help but interrupt the servant.

"We can help!" I yell out in sudden reflex. General Yin turns back to me, his mint green eyes squinted.

"Cyro, how?" He asks in obvious disbelief. My mother enters the scene to enlighten him.

"Our tribe was able to keep our livelihood in those harsh environments because of our gift, Celestial magic."

"Celestial magic, are you saying you're capable of healing her?"

"Well, the sun is setting. Our magic works best at night when the moon and stars are out. Take us to her."

"How do we know you're not trying to kill her?" The strange hooded man wielding a golden staff asks.

"What motive do we have to do so?" My father aggressively replies.

"Sage, calm yourself. These people are our allies. We must not think ill of them." The general seemed to be on board with our plan.

Sage Arceli, the mysterious mage of Caelum's Creed and General Yin, the Dragon soldier of Orion escorts the three of us through the castle as we make our way to the medical chamber. I took it as a chance to observe the castle as it was truly beautiful inside and out. Paintings and sculptures of angels and nature brings whoever sets foot upon the palace in peace.

The boy's mind filled with worry besides the beautiful scenery. His first time being out of his home village, meeting new people and being in a new environment over all. It was equally exciting and terrifying for him. But nothing can prepare him for what he was about to see. As the group finally arrives at the chamber hidden deep beneath the castle. The boy set his eyes on a little girl, her hair as black as the night sky. Yet her lips as pale as snow. Her body frail as she lays down on a while draped bed surrounded by a group of healers and two of them being her parents, King Heinrich and Queen Arbre of Orion. And beside them is a woman in a white saya dress accompanied with golden accessories. Her skin tanned and her eyes shining a sunny gold matching her white hair. The woman has her hands pushed out, emitting a green glow through her palms as she whispers careful and delicate spells of healing.

The general got down on one knee alongside his mage companion.

"My queen, my king. I bring to you, the guardian of winter." He bows his head and removes his hat and places it by his shoulder as a form of respect. The husband and wife of royalty sets their eyes on me, sending intense chills down my spine.

The king was in shock as he makes his way around the bed and pulls me into an embrace.
"Cyro, I welcome you and your family to Orion, your new home."
He turns to the general and asks. "Yin,why do you bother bringing them down here?" He lifts his hand up as a gesture to let the two creed leaders stand. The general obeys and says "Your majesty, Cyro and his family claims to have a cure for young Divina's illness."
The queen's eyes widen and pleads to us in sudden desperation. "Please, please help my daughter." Her eyes filled with fear and worry.

I glance behind to look at my parents, my eyebrows raised in question. They stay silent and return with a quick nod. At that moment, I knew what to do. My palms grew colder as I made my way beside the princess's bed. I notice that her breathing is slow and shallow, her skin pale and her lips dry and pigmentless. A strange energy engulfs me as I reach my hand out and place it on the princess's cold forehead. I hum a calming tune as it's melody echoes through the once quiet room. A blue light surrounds me and the princess as I notice her emit a quick smile of comfort.

Her pigmentless lips slowly changed into a luscious red, her cold temperature starts to warm up and her skin no longer pale. She slowly regains consciousness revealing her beautiful oak brown eyes. She smiles at me once again, now a voluntary gesture. She musters her strength to sit up as her mother rushes beside her, pulling her into a tight hug.

Everyone in the room was in complete shock, the white haired healer, Sora Sampaguita covers her mouth in disbelief. The room was ten times colder than it was before. As the queen gently lets go of her daughter, small droplets of tears slowly dripping down her face. The princess stares at her in confusion.

"Who are you?"