Chapter 10

Hadrien 

"Any sign of her?" I looked up at the scout standing before my desk. By the look on his face, I could already tell what the answer was.

"N-No Alpha." They replied. There was a loud crack as the pen in my hand snapped in half. The scout jumped and scurried out of my study. 

"If you were actually the right mate for her, she would have been found by now." I turned to glare at Chris. My Gamma was sitting at his desk, shuffling through some paperwork. Just a month ago, his father had died in a rouge attack, and the combination of losing his father and his mate had thrown him into a state of depression.

"What would you do if you were in my position?" I yelled. I was tired and in what felt like a constant state of pain from whatever was happening to Nyra. I knew Chris felt the same, but it still frustrated me to no end.

"I wouldn't have lost her!" He snarled back. I stood up, fangs bared as I snarled at him. He didn't even flinch as he stared me dead in the eyes.

"We need to put him in his place." Loup snarled. Before I could respond, claws sprouted from my fingers. Loup's anger and aggression flowed through me. Three months of constant pain and heartache was transforming into anger and we needed to let it out. Chris just so happened to be my closest target.

"You are getting too far out of line." I growled. My voice trembling from the strain of trying to hold Loup back.

"Maybe you're a weak Alpha then!" That was too much for Loup. With a roar of anger, he launched himself at Chris. But our Gamma was ready for it. He sprang to the side, and we crashed into his desk. Paper went flying as we whirled round to face him. He shot out the door and we raced after him. Several wolves ran out into the corridor to see what was going on, but when they saw me, they quickly jumped back.

I crashed through the front doors, and a brown shape slammed into me from the side. I slammed into the ground and all the air was knocked from my lungs. I raised my arms just in time as Chris's wolf lunged at my exposed throat. His canines raked across my arms, drawing blood and increasing both our wolves' aggression levels. I brought my leg up, kneeing him in the stomach. He cried out and rolled off of me. I instantly shifted into my gigantic black wolf. Loup now had full control over our actions, and I was scared of what he was going to do.

Just as Chris recovered his footing, Loup attacked. Our canines sank into where his neck met the base of his skull. As we tore into the tender flesh, his wolf basically screamed in pain. We slammed their head into the dirt, pinning it down with our weight in a forced sign of submission. He fought against my grip, desperately trying to escape. In response, we just sank our teeth deeper into his neck. His eyes were glazed and distant from the amount of pain he was in, but his wolf continued to fight. I begged Loup to release him, but my wolf ignored me.

Finally, Phillipe, my Beta, slammed into us, knocking us off the now dying wolf. His large dark silver wolf snarled at me, planting himself firmly between us and our Gamma. Several wolves rushed to Chris's aid as he lay unconscious in the grass. The full weight of the situation slammed into us. We had nearly murdered a wolf, a high ranking member of our own pack. There were a number of onlookers and they just stared at me in horror. We had finally snapped, we couldn't stay here any longer. I needed my mate. With one last look in the direction of my injured Gamma and wary Beta, I turned and sprinted into the forest with only one thing on my mind: Nyra