Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Bad Influence

          "Good morning, Ivy!"  Cade called as he pounded his fist into my bedroom door.  I groaned and stretched.  My whole body exploded in pain and I cried out for him to come help me.  A single tear slipped from my eye and he busted through the door, worry coating his features when his eyes connected with my seemingly limp body. 

          "Shut it behind you . . . "  I said, quietly.  He did as I asked and made his way over to me.  Then, he gave me a sympathetic look and helped me up.  I groaned as he pulled, causing him to help stabilize me when I was on my own two feet. 

          "Oh my God, Ivy.  Look at your face . . . "  He whispered and pulled me over to my full length body mirror in the corner of my room. 

          The woman standing in it almost looked like me, aside from her giant pupils, messy hair and bruises.  There was a few in the shape of thick fingers all along my throat.  Another had formed on my jaw were Brock's fist connected with my face and I lifted my shirt to see that the skin that was showing had formed bruises as well. 

          They were all dark puple and I could practically feel the beating happening all over, again.  As I looked at Cade's eyes in the mirror, I saw the sorrow he felt and how much he was pleading to help me . . . even though he knew he couldn't. 

          Groaning, I leaned against his chest, letting his arms wrap around my body as he kissed my neck softly, "I can't hide these . . .  They're too dark." 

          "They didn't hear you come home last night and the garage is padlocked," he whispered in my ear before kissing my neck, again.  I stood there for a moment causing him to sigh before speaking again, "Besides, I'm sure you've had to deal with this before . . . " 

          "No . . .  It's never been this bad," I said to him and turned toward my dresser.  My body was crying and screaming, but I hid it from my face.  Cade didn't need to be anymore exposed to my pain that he already was. 

          "Yes, you did," he said, grabbing my wrists and spinning me around so I was facing him.  The movements caused my stomach to churn, but I pushed it off as he spoke, agian.  

          "Two weeks after you moved in; you and Jason brawled it out after a snide comment he said and you hid all your marks.  He had to say that he got into a fight with some kid at school," he smirked deviously, causing me to smile, too. 

          Then, I chuckled and buried my face in his chest.  He was right . . .  Jason and I brawled pretty badly when he doubted I could actually hit as hard as a guy.

          "Oh my god.  I remember that . . . "  I could barely contain my laughter and it felt like Brock was kicking the shit out of me all over, again,  "He was bawling like a baby.  He even yelled for Rebecca and Dan." 

          "Yeah, he did," Cade chuckled with me and held onto my body as we shook together with laughter.  I moved over to my closet and pulled out a set of clothing, and Cade watched as I stripped off the sweats and shirt I had been wearing. 

          I wasn't thinking about much other than being completely naked as Cade stared at me.  I'd worn a bra to bed, but I stripped it off with my top, and he took in my body.  I blushed but hid it behind my hair as I strapped a bra in place.

          "So, what do you want to do today?"  He asked when I finished getting dressed and brushing my hair down.  I shrugged and grabbed a few more vicodin from my closet.  Popping those into my mouth, I swallowed them down without a second thought.