Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Confrontation

          I opened my eyes to see the sun blaze through the blinds.  Quickly covering them, I slipped out of bed and my feet slapped against the hardwood.  When I entered the bathroom next to my bedroom, I glanced in the mirror.  Groaning, my hair was all over the place and my skin was paler than usual.  The natural tan looked like it had completely disappeared. 

          Oh well, I thought as I stripped off my clothes after starting the shower.  Undoing the bandages on both my hand and ribs, I checked the bruises.  They were worse than yesterday, and my whole body ached.  

          I felt nearly immobile today, almost as if I should've just stayed in bed.  Stepping inside, the cold water gave me a burst of energy and my eyes popped open.  Groaning, I tried to turn up the hot water, but to no prevail. 

          "God damnit . . . "  I muttered before screaming out, "Cade James Howard!" 

          Suddenly, the bathroom door flung open and I heard someone pad into the bathroom.  Cade chuckled and I groaned at him.  Shaking my head, I got my hair wet and peeked out the small crack.  He was sitting on the counter, smiling to himself. 

          "If you insist on being everywhere I go, then at least keep the bathroom door shut," I snapped and stuck my head back into the shower.

          The grin never left his face as he walked over to shut the bathroom door.  I washed my hair and body in record time before I heard a shirt drop to the floor.  Other clothing fell along with it, and he was in the shower quickly, gripping onto me tightly.  His body was warm against mine and I smiled to myself.  

          I had really missed this . . .

          "You know . . .  You shouldn't be in here," I whispered quietly.  He chuckled in response and kissed my neck, finding the sweet spot under my ear.  My body shuddered under his touch, which only made me hungry for more. 

          I turned around and pressed my body to his.  Our chests were touching and I was dying to wrap my legs around his waist.  He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, causing me to immediately respond. 

          His hands trailed all over my body, mapping it out and making their own way around.  Soon, he knew every contour and curve all over again.  Cade pressed me up against the wall and began kissing my neck.  I bit my lip, fighting back a moan as he buried himself inside of me. 

          Not long after we started, he was moaning and growling out my name in my ear.  It was just low enough that the sound of the shower blocked it out from any other innocent ears.  He knew me, though, and he knew I wasn't very quiet. 

          "Cade . . . "  I breathed out and he chuckled into my neck, "I can't . . .  Cade." 

          Before I knew it, I was moaning into his shoulder, biting down on his muscle gently as I tried to keep quiet.  Eventually, we died down and finished with each other, breathing heavily into one another’s necks.  He hugged me close and kissed my forehead. 

          "I love you, you know . . . "  He whispered into my ear strongly, though his breathing was still jagged and he was silently begging for me, again. 

          "I love you, too, Cade," I murmured as quietly as I could back to him.  He chuckled and shut off the water, which I hadn't realized had basically frozen my skin.  I smiled up at Cade, my teeth chattering together.