2.0 - different rules apply

a/n at bottom is important, please read when finished.

enjoy xo

~

"We need to talk." was the first thing I heard when I walked through the door. I had dropped off the girls and all my shopping bags and drove to Michael's. 

He was sitting by the door as if he was waiting for me. I grinned at him, knowing it would probably aggravate him further. "Who's in?" 

"No one. I told them to leave." He pushed himself up using the wall, standing taller than me with a scowl on his face.

"Oh, wanted some alone time, did you?" I winked at him as I tried to push past him. His arm shot out in front of me, level with my neck.

"Yes. We need to talk."

"I heard you the first time, Clifford." I ducked under his arm, sitting on his sofa and putting his boxes on the coffee table.

"I can't believe you've done this." He had followed me but he refused to come closer than a few feet.

"I can't believe I was just a fuck to you." Two could play at this game.

"Well you were!"

"Wrong answer." I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting to see what he would say next.

"Sorry sweetheart, wouldn't want to lie." 

"You already have!" Anger burned through me, how did anyone put up with this imbecile. 

"When?" His hands were clenched into fists again and I watched them go from red to white.

"We agreed on being friends!" 

"So what?" What the fuck did he mean, so what? Did he not see how much what he said had hurt?

"Friends don't hurt other friends feelings!"

"Sorry, princess," he spat River's nickname for me. "We were fucking. Different rules apply."

"You're wrong." I had strode up to him, standing about an inch away.

"I thought you were cool with us just fucking so yes, I was wrong." He smirked at me, knowing he had the upper hand even if I had spent all his money. His feelings weren't hurt, this argument meant nothing to him.

"I hate your guts, Clifford!" 

We stared at each other. My eyes were burning with tears that were threatening to fall. I didn't hate him, I just hated what he was saying. I hated his attitude. He was leaning closer to me and I prepared myself for him shouting at me. I winced when I could feel his hot breath on my face, my eyes closed.

All I heard was Michael mumble 'you're crazy' before I felt his lips against mine. I opened my eyes in shock, his closed eyes directly in front of me. His kiss was hot and passionate and I nearly let myself kiss him back.

Quickly, I pulled away and slapped him. "Don't you dare." I had slapped him on the opposite cheek than last time and nearly giggled at the flashback of the red hand print on his cheek. I walked past him and towards the apartment front door. "There's something in those for you. You're welcome." 

He didn't reply as I walked out the door, furious at his behaviour.

-&-

Michael's p.o.v (I hate doing this but needed)

I watched her leave, frustrated that our conversation had turned into an argument. The way she was acting just made me so angry, I had said sorry. What else did she want?

My money, apparently. Luckily, the card she had wasn't all of my savings, just the money I had from the past few months. I turned towards the boxes sitting on the table and scowled. Betting it was another prank, I sighed and sat down. I didn’t want to get too close to the boxes so reached over and picked all of the tape off.

She sure does a lot of work to piss me off. I noticed that even the nail colour she chose was green matching my stupid hair.

I took comfort in the fact that the boys were off somewhere songwriting and hopefully weren’t going to be back too soon. It meant that I could get rid of any evidence left by whatever this prank was going to be.

I pulled off the top of the box hesitantly, waiting for something to fly at me. It didn’t however and I risked my face to peer inside.

Staring back at me was a comic ‘Superior Spiderman’. I picked up the first one and studied it. I had never read it before and under it was the second edition in the comic series. I pulled them all 24 comics out, my mouth open in shock.

How did Natalie even know I liked comics?

I placed them to the side and ripped the tape off the other box. Inside that was another full series, this time The Walking Dead. Like any normal person, I had played the game and also watched the series but I had been dying to read the comics for ages.

Groaning, I leant back on the sofa. Maybe she was actually trying to sort things out after everything. I knew she was doing all these stupid pranks because of what I said and she had every right to be annoyed. Especially now I’ve said it all again.

I am an idiot.

I don’t even mean it. I want to be friends with Natalie. I missed being able to laugh with her and just not be angry with her. It had been a couple of months since I first saw her in the bar and instantly I knew I liked the look of her.

“What are these?” I didn’t even hear the boys come back but each of them had a comic in their hands. Calum was next to me, flicking through them.

“I thought your card had been maxed?” I glared at Luke who obviously knew what had happened. He always seemed to.

“Natalie brought them for me.” I started to pack the Spiderman series back into the box.

“Shit. Have you messed up again?” Ash was staring at me like I was an idiot.

“Yeah, you look like you’re upset again.” I ignored them and carried on putting all of the comics carefully back in their boxes.

“Yeah, like you did the night she first slapped you.”

“Shut up Luke. Shut up all of you.” I picked up the boxes and walked to my bedroom. I couldn’t deal with the boys telling me what a mess I made.

20:34 Michael: I'm sorry. Can we talk?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stealing a credit or debit card and maxing it is a very mean thing to do. However, this is a fanfiction. One, I wouldn't let that be all of Michael's money because what the hell would he do? and Two, it's not real so someone probably wouldn't do this in person.

Again, this part of the relationship is based off of 7 Days by The Summer Set and one of the lyrics is clearly her maxing his credit card. Please don't tell me it's a mean thing to do because I know. Just find the comedic side of things, yeah?

On a better note, this is on 2.2k and I seriously do love every single one of you because this is amazing c:

If you haven't already, please check out my short story Caraphernelia xo