Chapter 70

"So why'd you come to see me?" Jake asked as we headed down to the beach. "I'm sure it's pretty obvious." I said. "You mean because of our kiss?" Jake asked.

"I guess but I mean what was that, why'd you kiss me?" I asked. "I mean Cody would kill me for saying this but you're truly beautiful Sarah I don't know what I would've done if I didn't kiss you." Jake said.

"Wait so you only kissed me because you think I'm hot?" I asked. "No not at all I kissed you because I wanted to and even though I did like it I can't because you’re Cody's ex-girlfriend and I couldn't do that to my best mate." Jake said.

"I totally understand that I mean I know Cody and I broke up but I couldn't date his best friend that'd be way to mean plus I think I'm kind of starting to like someone else." I said.

"It's not Adam is it?" Jake asked as we climbed up into the lifeguard tower. "I mean maybe but how did you know that you've never even met Adam?" I asked.

"This is bad." Jake said. "What is?" I asked him. "When Cody finds out he is going to flip." Jake said. "No please you can't tell him I can't deal with the amount of devastation that would hit him after he finds that out." I said.

"But he's my best mate Sarah I can't keep something like that from him if I know it." Jake said. "I might not even like Adam I mean it really depends on how the rest of the week goes but please please please don't tell him!" I said as I got down on my knees holding his hands begging him.

"Okay but if you do like him just wait until Cody's over you to go out with him." Jake said. "I will, thank you so much." I said as I hugged him. But I hadn't realized Adam was coming up the lifeguard tower and he saw that before he climbed back down.

"Well I better head back then before Cody freaks out looking for me." Jake said. "Okay again thank you." I said as I hugged him again then he went back to Cody's house.

He's so nice I mean if I didn't dump Cody I would so date him, I thought as I turned and saw Adam surfing some waves. It made me smile seeing him do something he loves so I went to go watch him.

You know watch him surfing not just watch him because he looks hot I mean not that he isn't a hot guy oh you know what I mean. So I walked over sat down on the beach right in front of him surfing and he didn't notice me until he came back on shore.

"Hi." I said standing up and brushing myself off. "What Mr. down under had to leave?" Adam asked. "What?" I asked him.

"I saw the two of you hugging up in the tower so I know you guys got back together then you won't need me to teach how to surf." Adam said walking away.

"Cody and I didn't get back together." I said catching up to him. "Then why were the two of you hugging up in the tower?" Adam said.