Chapter 6 (Hidden Feelings)

While I was going through my routine I couldn't stop worrying about the quest.

I tried to reassure myself but there was nothing reassuring about any part of the quest.

I know one of the 3 will die but who?

I was so deep in thought I didn't see the volley ball coming straight for my face.

"Look out" I heard a little to late.

I got smacked straight on the nose and I started bleeding.

"I'm so sorry!" I heard someone say.

I looked to find Hazel running over to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice you weren't paying attention" She said trying to help me with my bloody nose.

"It's fine" I said and I stood up.

"I think I have to go meet Leo for class" I said telling her good bye and walking towards the woods.

I went through the woods to where Leo said he would meet me.

My nose had finally stopped bleeding but had left we with a slight headache.

I looked around and stopped when I saw Leo waving me over.

"You ready to start class with professor Leo the hottest teacher around?" He asked me when I arrived.

I laughed.

"You're only hot because you burst into flames" I said rolling my eyes.

Leo put on a fake look of offense.

"So professor Leo what are we going to learn today?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"I thought I could teach you how to build a proper shelter" He said.

"Well then what are we waiting for?" I asked.

He smiled a warming smile and we began.

As class went on Leo taught me what kinds of material to look for to build a shelter.

"When all else fails" he said to me as I was tying two sticks together with grass "sleep under a tree".

I laughed a little as I saw him lay down under a tree and prop his feet up on a patch of moss.

He looked up at the sky and started watching the clouds.

He patted the spot next to him and waved me over.

"Um how is cloud watching part of survival class?" I asked laying down beside him.

"It's crucial in keeping entertained in survival situations" He answered.

I laughed and pointed to a cloud "it looks like a sword" I said.

"That one looks like a sea horse in the forges" Leo said pointing to a cloud.

I looked at it "It looks nothing like that it looks like a damaged heart" I said staring at it.

'Just like my heart' I thought.

Leo shook his head "no I'm certain it is a sea horse in the forges" he said studying the cloud.

I punched him playfully.

"No it's definitely a damaged heart look that's half of it and then that's the half that is mangled" I said showing him.

He shook his head again.

"No you see that's the sea horse with a hammer over a fire pit" Leo said moving my head so I had the same perspective as him.

His hands were warm on my face and I felt my cheeks begin to grow red.

"Oh I see it now" I said finally seeing the sea horse.

Leo gave me a grin and said "Professor Leo is never wrong".

I rolled my eyes but giggled too.

"Well I think class is over" Leo said standing up.

He helped me up.

"Thank you Professor for a wonderful lesson" I joked.

"Anytime anytime." He said standing close to me.

I could smell him, he smelt like a camp fire and the forest.

I realized he was really close and I suddenly remembered Nico.

"Uh... Um... thanks for the survival class Leo I really needed something to get my mind of of Nico" I paused " Annabeth, and Percy"I said moving away.

"Oh yeah no problem" He said backing away. "see you at dinner" I said leaving Leo in the forest.

When I reached the edge of the forest I ran to my cabin.

'Oh gods!' I thought I couldn't have almost just kissed Leo back there I like Nico.

I mean I should because he's caring even if he is a little refined.

I mean there is nothing I could like about Leo right except maybe his humor , his smile , his curly hair or maybe his warm touch and his pine fresh scent that gave me a feeling of camping with my mom.

Oh my Gods!!!

I was falling for Leo Valdez.