Chapter 24 (Bitter)

My nightmares were the same one of Chaos.

Each time that I woke up crying in misery Nico would comfort me and help me fall asleep again.

I thought nothing of it just a friendly jester and I hoped that's how he saw it as well.

------------------------------------------

After a restless night I woke up drenched in water.

"NICO!" I shouted soaking up the water.

"Rise and shine possessed child" Nico said setting a now empty cup on the night stand.

"You're just like Percy" I grumbled getting out of the bed.

'We have to hit the road we're only 5 hours away from Seattle and the sooner we get there the better," Nico said sheathing his scathe.

"But what about Leo?" I asked grabbing Tsunami.

Nico's face turned grim.

"Listen Elise we have to keep going on with the quest. Leo may or may not be alive and chances are that if he is alive he's been captured. We can't risk the safety of this quest for one demigod." Nico said with his back to me.

"He's worth the risk" I stated.

Nico turned to me.

"Elise. Leo and I promised you're brother we would keep you safe and letting you stray from the quest is not safe" He said.

"You can't seriously think I'll leave my boyfriend behind do you!?!?!?" I asked him in disbelief.

I didn't regret what I said even as Nico's face turned bitter.

"Oh I see getting over me was easy but Leo will take 2 maybe 3 months tops" He spat.

Great this conversation again.

"Nico you don't understand I saw you die I cried non stop for weeks. I didn't go out with Leo I even said I wouldn't because I would need more time to get over you" I said.

When I looked at Nico's face I could tell he was hiding something he knew something that he wasn't telling me.

"You know something don't you" I said as he finished gathering his things.

"Yes I know that if we don't get going we won't make it to Seattle in time to catch the train" He said moving towards the door.

"I already told you I'm not leaving without Leo" I stated not moving.

"Merda non mi odiare Leo" Nico cursed.

I didn't know what it meant, since I don't speak Italian, but I knew it couldn't be good.

Nico turned towards me, walked over and before I could object kissed me full on the lips.

Then everything went dark.