Chapter 17 (The better choice)

I kept running from my cabin with tears in my eyes. I ran all the way to the Hephaestus cabin and knocked on the door. Luckily Leo answered and I fell into his arms.

"What's wrong Elise" he asked concerned.

"Can we go to the bunker" I sniffed.

Leo didn't ask why he just nodded and he carried me to the bunker princess style.

When we got to the bunker he sat me down on a couch and asked me again.

"I saw Nico kissing another girl" I cried and Leo wrapped his arms around me.

He was warm and gently his embrace was comfortable and inviting.

"He's a Toda culo completa" Leo said angrily.

"I thought he loved me!" I cried into his shoulder.

"You shouldn't waste your tears on him" Leo said rubbing my back.

I looked up at him he was being so nice to me and all I was doing was complaining about Nico.

I leaned up and kissed him. I loved the kiss but Leo quickly ended it.

"I don't want to take advantage of you in a vulnerable state" he whispered tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I looked at him and said "Thank you for helping me through this".

"Thank you for coming to me" Leo said caressing my hair .

I looked into his brown eyes and I melted I really wanted to kiss him again.

"Leo I love you" I whispered to him.

"No you're just confused right now" he said sadly.

I knew he was being nice but I couldn't stand it "No I've known for awhile now I've just been to afraid to admit it" I said kissing his cheek.

He looked at me "You're sad right now Elise you feel betrayed please don't say things you might regret later" he said with tear in his eyes.

"I don't regret anything I've said I mean every word" I said then I kissed him.

This time he didn't pull away he just kissed back. I belted in his strong warm arms as his lips stayed locked with mine. I was happy and my mind seemed clear.

Nico can have that Aphrodite freak I have Leo and that's all I need.

We kissed until I was out of breath and then I fell asleep in his arms.