3

Bryce's pov:

I saw that Mia was eating a good bit of breakfast. At least she ate right and not like a bird. That's what she reminds me of, a bird. Born with the ability to survive the storms of life and come out fluffing her feathers. "We came up with a little grocery list, if you'll look over it and add anything that you might need or want, I would appreciate that. You can add cokes on there if you wish. We don't have them at the ranch, and we only come to town once a week, unless there's an illness or injury."

"What is the things that you guys drink? All I see on here is coffee. And there's no meat listed."

"We bought tea last week and beer is always at the house. There's no meat because we raise our own meat and eggs."

"Gotcha. Ok what about butter and milk? Corn meal, flour, baking powder?"

"Ummm, I guess we need all that? I really have no idea."

"Well I guess we can get it. Doesn't hurt to have extra. Can I add orange juice?"

"Sure! Anything else?"

"What about toiletries and laundry supplies?"

"I didn't even think of that stuff." I huffed a frustrated breath. "Maybe we should just go back to the ranch so that you can make a list. Then come back and buy the groceries."

"Not necessary, Bryce. We will make do with what we have." She started writing stuff on the list. "Do you want me to hang onto the list and start shopping when I get to the store, or wait on you and Tristan?"

"You hang on to it. Go ahead and start shopping. It shouldn't take us long, but you never know. Here comes Martha, I bet Tristan has snuck out the back, so that he wouldn't have to pay for breakfast." She giggled. "Hey there aunty M! Where's Tristan?"

"He's out back gettin' that slop. I just came by to tell you congratulations on hiring a wonderful addition to your household. Congratulations on getting the job." She gave Mia a hug.

"Thank you aunty. I believe we will get along very well."

"Yes, thank you for the reference, Martha. I really appreciate it."

"You deserve some happiness Mia. And these boys need a real woman's touch. We will see you Sunday."

"Great! We really need to be going now. This should cover the tab." I pulled forty dollars out of my wallet and handed it to aunty M. Mia tried to pay for her breakfast. "No Mia, any time you eat with me, I pay. Your money is no good here."

"Then let me get the tip."

"Already taken care of, Mia." I smiled at her then turned to aunty M. "Aunty M, anytime Mia comes in to eat or drink, put it on a tab for the ranch. Don't take her money."

"Whatever your heart desires Bryce. I will see you later my sweeties. Mia, if you need anything, or my boys give you trouble, you just call me. Welcome to the family!"

"Thank you Martha!"

"Call me aunty M or mom. I'm adopting you."

Mia smiled a beautiful smile and hugged aunty M. "How about I just call you M?"

Martha smiled and agreed to that. She gave me a wink, I returned with my own. We walked out of the door.

Mia looked at me. "Are we meeting at Shoney's Grocery?"

"Yes ma'am. We should be there in about ten to fifteen minutes. If you want, you can go ahead and start shopping. We can catch up."

"Ok, that sounds good. I should be there in about fifteen minutes. Depending on if Cara tries to give me problems. She wanted me to work her shift today. It almost broke my heart to tell her no." She finished with a smile as she reached her car parked next to my truck.