6

Mia's pov:

The next morning, I wake up before six o'clock to start breakfast. I think over everything that Bryce and Tristan showed me last night. Maybe if I go over it all in my head over and over again, I can do the moves when the time comes. The house phone rings, so I answer it. "Broken Spoke Ranch, how may I help you?" No answer. "Hello?"

"Um, hi. I was actually looking for Bryce. Is he close?" A deep voice says. It sent tingles up and down my body.

"He should be in for breakfast soon. Hold on a moment." I covered the phone. "Tristan, do you know where Bryce is?"

"Coming in from the barn."

"He has a phone call on the house phone. Could you tell him?" He nodded. "I sent Tristan to hurry Bryce from the barn. He should be here quickly."

"Thank you very much. What is your name?"

"I am Mia McCoy, the new housekeeper and cook."

"Well I am Braxton, Bryce's brother. It is a pleasure to meet you. Even if it is over the phone."

"A pleasure to meet you too Braxton. Oh, here is Bryce. Enjoy your talk." I handed Bryce the phone.

"Thank you Mia mine, good morning." He kissed my cheek.

Then I go to the stove. Tristan is trying to steal some bacon, I smack his hand. "Get out of that!" I turn the sausage patties over, then the bacon.

"Well I'm hungry! After you kicking my ass last night, I figure that you owe me." He said snagging a slice of bacon.

"I already gave you a piece of cake. Besides that's your own fault for walking up behind me after being warned." I turned the burner off under the sausage and put it on a plate. I had three dozen eggs in a bowl, ready to be scrambled. I grabbed the two pans of biscuits out of the oven. Pouring the eggs into the pan with the bacon grease. "Tristan, get the hell out of my kitchen or you will be castrated before noon!" I say loudly.

Tristan just laughs. "Tristan!" Bryce says from the doorway. Tristan raises his hands and leaves the kitchen. "Sorry Mia mine, Tristan can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Need any help?"

"Not unless you want to stand guard over the food. The eggs are all that is left."

Bryce starts laughing as I'm dishing up the eggs into a large bowl. "What's so fun..." I turned and saw what he was laughing at. All eleven men, Tristan included, were standing at the wide kitchen doorway. Just waiting on me to call them to breakfast. I chuckled as I started carrying the food to the table. After getting everything set up. "Alright guys slowly make your way to the table." Then I remembered the coffee and juice. By the time I poured everyone something to drink, I made another pot of coffee then sat to eat.

Bryce had fixed my plate full of food. "Thank you Bryce." Once again nobody was talking. Only moaning and sipping could be heard.

"Well I guess breakfast is cooked alright." I said into the silence.

Bryce laughed again. "Mia mine, you really know how to shut this group up! I love it! Thank you love!" I picked up my sausage with my fork and put it on his plate. "By the way Braxton said that he can't wait to meet you face to face. I told him that we can face time later when he wakes up."

"Ok. Now what do you want for supper?"

"How about some meatloaf?"

"I gotcha covered. Meatloaf, beans, cornbread, fried potatoes."

"I'm already looking forward to supper."

"We all are now!" One of the hands said.

Soon everyone was finished with breakfast and had their chores for the day. Bryce stayed back for a chance to talk to me. "So Braxton was instantly wanting details about you. He really wanted to talk to you some more. But I explained that you are new to this idea. And dealing with another situation. I told him that we have talked about it and will continue at your pace and comfort."