13

Braxton's pov:

I laid awake for a while. I can't sleep well when I have flashbacks. My last trip to the sandbox did me in. I lost two friends there as we were ambushed in a small town that was supposed to be safe. There's no such thing as a safe place in Afghanistan. As soon as I got back to Italy, I refused to reenlist. I had made up my mind to just stop all the pain, with sleeping pills that the doc had prescribed. I finished out my contract then got on the next plane leaving. I haven't told Mia or Bryce about how I almost offed myself before I called. I had actually called to tell Bryce goodbye when I first talked to Mia. She has been my saving grace. Something about Mia, that made me need to meet her. Then I fell in love with her over the phone. Now I can't let go of her. I don't know when I fell asleep, but I woke up with Mia in my arms. Her leg was between my legs. My hands were both on her ass. But it was covered in boxer shorts. Oh now I remember, pms time. I looked at the clock on my side table. Four o'clock, not time to get up yet. I go back to sleep. I next wake up to the sound of the shower running. I look around and see that it is six o'clock and I'm alone in bed. I get up to brush my teeth, Bryce is in the shower. I get dressed and go down stairs. "Good morning beautiful!"

Mia looks up and smiles at me. "Good morning Mr. Sexy! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine why" I ask as I pull her into my arms. Then kiss her deeply. She is breathless as I pull back.

"Because you were moaning in your sleep. Not an erotic or pleasurable moan. Like you were hurt. I laid my head on your chest and your heartbeat was fast. So I talked to you until you settled again. You pulled me half on top of you." She paused while flipping the sausage. "I was worried that I had done something to upset you."

"Oh sweetheart, it wasn't you. I promise! It is PTSD. I lost a few friends in Afghanistan. When I'm startled, I don't sleep well. I'm sorry bella!"

"Don't be Brax! I'm here for you. Always! Besides, I can think of no place I'd rather be then by your side. Bryce feels the same way."

"Bryce and I are going to town. Will you be alright here without us?"

"Yes I am. I can use the time to plan a few things for our wedding."

"Good! Just don't worry about food, pictures, or clothes. We shouldn't be too long. Maybe three hours or so."

"Can I ask what you're going after?"

"Its a surprise sweetheart. I won't ruin it."

"Alright, but remember that my family will be here for lunch."

"I forgot about that! Umm, ok we should be alright." Mia was busy cooking as Bryce came into the kitchen. "Bryce, I had forgotten that Mia's family will be here for lunch. Do you want to wait until Monday anyway?"

"That will work better. Then while Mia is grocery shopping or talking to Darla, we can run that errand. Good morning Mia mine." He finished with a kiss and hug.

"Good morning love. Breakfast in five minutes."

"Sounds good! Morning gentlemen."

"Morning bosses. Good morning Mrs. Boss!"

Mia chuckled. "Good morning gentlemen!"

We grabbed the plates, cups, and silverware, to set the table. Others grabbed the heaping plates of food and juice or coffee. All Mia had to grab was her coke. We sat down to a nice relaxing breakfast. Mia kept her hand on my thigh.

After breakfast I wanted to talk to Bryce. "Hey brother, you got time to talk?" I looked him in the eye so that he knew that it was serious.

"Office or outside?"