The Meeting

~*~

          Back in my bedroom, I slip on my black lacy dress, it's different from the one I wore last night as I'm feeling a little more adventurous. The dress comes to a stop just above the knee and flows out at the bottom, revealing my long pale legs. The top clings to the very few curves I have, so hopefully it stays up without any straps. I put on a thin layer of mascara and darken my eyes with eyeliner. A bit of makeup never hurt anyone. I grab a pair of black converses as I hear a car pull up outside. I put the last clip in my hair, which I have left half up and half down and I find myself once again, climbing out of my bedroom window.

          I check around for my cat Jerald, just in case I step on him accidentally again.

          The moonlight shines down on the village around me and bounces off each roof, the view is spectacular and I almost lose my balance from staring too long. Abbie's car is parked at the side of the front garden, just in sight. I see Taylor and Tiff sitting in the back again as I climb down from the roof slowly so I don't break my neck and run over to them, looking back behind me at the quiet house.

          I quickly hop into the car.

          "You always make me nervous when you do that." Taylor looks at me with wary eyes.

          "Piece of cake." I laugh. But it's true, I've always liked being up on the roof looking at the starry sky. I always wanted a treehouse so I could stay outside all night, but my parents didn't like that idea very much.

          "We're going to find Ana's mystery guy tonight."Abbie laughs from the front. She wears a tight red dress to match her hair. Some girls would look slutty in something like that but Abbie looks classy in anything that she wears, she actually looks like a supermodel with her high stiletto heels on and so do both Taylor and Tiff.

          Taylor wears a pink sequin dress and Tiff wears a dark purple, flowing top that just covers her legs. They all wear heels but I feel more comfortable in my converses, yet again.

          "Ooh! Who's Ana's mystery guy?" Tiff squeals.

          "He's a total hottie!" Abbie nods. I laugh.

          "Come on guys, we're not finding him, I don't need anymore drama right now." I answer rolling my eyes.

          "You and your drama. Admit it Ana, you thought he was hot!" Abbie gives me an accusing look. Everyone looks at me expectantly, waiting for my answer.

          "Maybe he was good looking on some level." I brush them off and they all start laughing.

          "We knew it!" Taylor sings.

          I look out the window as the dark woods whip past us outside. The shadows in between each tree draws me in closer. I find myself lost in thought, asking silent questions and feeling a slight jolt as if I should go running into the woods, but frankly that would just be crazy and I'm sure my friends would send out a search party. But I just can't help feeling slightly attached to the woods, as if something is calling to me. It's then, that I see the dark shadow in between the trees, we go by so fast that I almost scream at Abbie to stop. My knuckles turn white as I grasp the car door trying to see behind us but the shadow is gone and I feel foolish once again. Thoughts flit through my mind. Is the shadow really there? If so, why is it following me? Or am I simply mad?

          "What time shall we head back?" Tiff breaks the silence.

          "I can't stay out too late, I have work tomorrow." I say as everyone moans.