Chapter 1

Day's perspective

I remember bits and pieces of her, still fuzzy in my mind. Two days ago we introduced ourselves again and I still struggle to recall, holding on to every single memory I had. Her name was June Iparis, and I know I... loved her before I lost my memory. I remember seeing her with Anden, shackled to her chair, the Republic's loved prodigy. But I can't remember what she did to get herself held like a prisoner, even when she was one of the most respected people.

I do know it had something to do with me.

I enter the room, ready for my appointment with Doctor Susan, the doctor that was helping me try to recall. She sits in front of her desk as I greet her.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Daniel? If June didn't want you to remember and didn't try telling you about your relationship with her, she must have done something really bad," She says, examining files.

"I must, Susan. Even if she doesn't want things to be the same as before, I want to at least remember what she did that made me love her."

"Alright then." Susan repeats the usual procedures.

"What do you see, Daniel?"

The image is blurry and my mind claws at it, trying to focus. Remember, Daniel, remember. But I regret trying instantly, the image rises to mind, clear. It makes me want to throw up. I shoot up, grabbing the side of the chair. I see my reflection in the mirror- a guy with bloodshot eyes, but he knows now, he knows.

"What did you see?"

I gulp, trying to compose.

"June was the person that caused my mother's and my brother's death."