Chapter 1: Arrival

It is almost time for the maze doors to close for the night. Minho and Thomas are out in the maze as usual. Currently, it is raining. We all together under the poorly build shack. Thanks to the builder Gally, most of the gladers are soaking wet.

"They should be back by now!" Chuck says worried.

"They'll be back," Newt reassures, even though no one believes him.

"Don't worry," Alby demands. Everyone cares so much because Thomas and Minho are our best, we can't loose them. Especially not now.

"There!" Newt exclaims, probably a little more exited than he wanted. But it is not just them, they are pushing a metal cart with another person on it. They run and step though the doors. Meanwhile, the huddle of boys is now transitioning to greet them. When we finally reach them l. We all stand around the cart with the person on it.

"It's a girl," Newt says with disbelief. All the boys surround her gaping.

"I think she's dead," Newt speaks again. At this, all of the boys exchange looks. Many are sad for her. But all are disappointed because the first girl ever in the glade may be dead.

As if perfectly on cue, she rises with a deep breath and looks around frantically. Eyes darting, chest rising. The rain has stopped and everyone is focused on her.