Chapter 10: Nightmare

"Excellent work!" Ava says.
"Why are we doing this Ava?" I ask
"For the greater good, you know that," Ava says.
"Look here," Ava says and directs me to a computer with images of subject A5. He is falling off a wall.
"No! Ava he'll die! This isn't right!" I scream.
"I though you would understand but maybe your just like the rest," Ava says emotionlessly.
"Ava why are you doing this, many of them are dying!" I try to say to Ava but she ignores and talks to another doctor.
"Jansen take her through memory wipe, then she shall be sent into the maze," Ava orders.
"What! No!" I scream but they grab my by the arms and pull me away from Ava, her sinister face emotionless.
"NO! STOP YOU CANT DO THIS! DONT! PLEASE!"

"NO!! STOP! PLEASE STOP!" I scream and cry but I am being shaken awake.

"Hey! Hey, shhh! Calm down! It's alright you safe," Newt says but I am shocked to see him sitting right next to me and I jump back and fall off the bed.

"Ow," I scold myself.

"You okay?" Newt asks gently. Tears are still coming down my face.

"What happened? Bad dream?" Newt asks but I turn away crying. He walk over to me and kneels down. He puts his arm on my shoulder, "I'm here, you can talk to me," he assures.

Then he pulls me in for a hug and I am releived. I hug him back, soon to realize he is shirtless because I am wearing his shirt. I pull back and I am blushing.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asks.

I nod and he sends me a soft smile. I walk back over to my bed and sit down and he sits down next to me.

The rest of the night I tell him everything about my dream, except the part about him falling off a wall. Then he says something,       "We've still got about two hours left of sleep," he continues, "we should probably get to sleep he says and get up to go back to his prostrated position on the ground.

"W...wait...uh..um.." I start awkwardly.

"Yes," he smiles.

"Can you.. um stay with me?" I ask.

"Sure," he responds calmly and joins me in the bed. There isn't much room so his body is pressed up against mine. He reaches for my hand and our fingers interlock. Then I turn over on my side and his chest is pressed up against my back and his arm across my waist holding my hand. It is not uncomfortable or awkward, and I fall asleep to a restful slumber.