Chapter 24: Somehow

Gally looked back up at us with his signature facial expression.

Then he grumbled, "Welcome to hell, shank," Gally said.

"Gally," Newt says with a siting tone, "that's no way to talk-"

"It's not a girl!" Gally exclaims.

A few Gladers step back and a few look at me. I frown, Newt sends me an apologetic look.

Although it is not a girl, I am still curious, so I lean in to get a good look at the Greenie below.

My stomach drops. But quickly I pull out of the box overlook and stumble backwards.

I get away before the Greenie could see me but nonetheless, I saw him.

The greenie had dirty blonde hair and greenish hazel eyes, he has a strong build and wide shoulders.

But the worst part was, was that I recognized him, he was so familiar but I couldn't grasp the consept exactly.

Gally yells for a rope to be thrown down. When I was the Greenie, Newt and some others could just lift me up because I was so light, not this boy Greenie.

Just before the Greenie will get lifted out of the box, I panic and turn heels and run, What if he recognizes me like I recognized him!?

When I make it to Newts room, the room I am acquiring for the time being, I flop down on the bed, feeling my heart race and my head spin.

Millions of thoughts and faint memories fly though my brain, none that I can fully grasp onto.

Then it hits me.

Jason

His name perhaps? I have no idea. I just need a few more minutes to think about what to do with the information I have.

Accordingly, the doors to my room burst open to reveal Newt and Thomas, they are both disheveled and out of breath.

"What's-" But before I could ask, they interrupted.

"Please! Come! The Greenie..." he says.

"What? Jason?" you say but immediately cover your mouth.

The two boys look at me in confusion.

"What did you say?" Newt asks.

"Uhhh..." I trail off.

"We don't have time for this! The Greenie has gone mad! We think you might be able to help!" Thomas exclaims.

If they were still calling him Greenie, that means they don't know his name. So you may be off the hook for a while, until they learn his name. Then they'll be asking me questions.