Chapter 16

Not sure why this published but here's a longer version for y'all.

---

"Tae Tae hyung!"

The familiar voice had Taehyung look up from his folded hands on the diner booth, and all he could do was smile when seeing his Kookie. 

"Jungkook, where the hell have you been? Are you ok?" he asked bringing the younger into a hug which the other gladly accepted. He was relieved that Tae seemed not so upset with him, but he still deserved an explanation.

Jungkook sighed and let go of Tae ending their hug, and sat in the booth across from his hyung. From the corner of his eye he saw Yoongi nodding and giving him a soft look, one he wasn't very familiar with since his friend usually isn't the emotional one. 

Taehyung looked to Jungkook longingly, waiting for his answer. It was when he saw a single tear roll down the younger's face that he knew something was definitely wrong.

"M-My eomma, she uh...she died. She's gone...forever," Jungkook started sobbing into his right hand, and his other was quickly met with Taehyung's, who looked to Jungkook in shock and with his own eyes watering. The brunette was shaking but continued to explain, "S-she's been sick since I was 10, I-It was o-only a matter of time. I just wish I was there when it happened, not looking for stupid colleges,"

Taehyung shook his head, and moved to sit next to Jungkook, who wrapped his arms around the older's waist and brought his head to his chest soaking his shirt with his tears.

"I'm so sorry Kookie. But don't think you trying to figure out what your dreams are as stupid, your eomma would be proud of you," he said and continued comforting the younger who was sniffling now. "Thanks tae tae, and I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have done that and I-

"I didn't mind, really. And I wouldn't mind if it happened again, maybe for a bit longer," he said and smirked when Jungkook blushed a deep shade of red. "Maybe when I'm not all snotty," the younger said wiping his nose on his sleeve. 

"Deal,"

...

Jungkook chuckled and locked his phone before placing it on the coffee table

"Meeting the family already?" Yoongi asked being the nosey friend he is. Jungkook barely had time to process what Tae had texted him and he's already being interviewed.

"Yes, he's inviting me over his house for a Christmas eve party. He also said I could bring a friend," Jungkook said referring to a conversation they had after leaving the diner.

Yoongi just hummed. "Well too bad you don't have any," he said and Jungkook smacked his arm with a pillow.

"C'mon hyung when was the last time you went out for the fun?"

Yoongi said nothing, knowing damn well he hates leaving the comfort of his bed unless it's for work, where he earns money for food, which is important. But, Jungkooks been down lately because of recent events, and he'd never forgive himself to disagreeing with one thing his friend asks him to do.

The older saw the pout on Jungkook's face and sighed in defeat "Ok fine, but don't expect me to mingle," and then the maknae cheered happily and attacked his hyung in a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you! And who knows, Tae Tae hyung has a lot of friends, maybe you'll meet someone,"

Jungkooks always been one for positive thinking, so Yoongi only shrugged at what he said.

It's been 3 years since he dated someone, and he's used to being alone, only communicating with Jungkook and his boss at work. A relationship was the last thing on his mind but...

Stranger things have happened.